Deleting posts

Cyberweasel89

One thing I do is edit the post, remove the original text and input one of the following:

*******Comment Removed*******

or

*******Comment Withdrawn - Abandoning Thread********

I usually use the second if I inadvertantly offend someone and/or pull out of that thread in a foul mood.

As an example, in an OT thread called "Heroes" one the people I said I admire was not "acceptable" by the peaople in that thread. So rather than have a flame war break out and the thread get locked, I withdrew my comments and walked away. Of course the thread died about a week or two later, but still....it's the principle of the thing

Now mind you, if someone reports the comment because they are seriously offended ,the moderators are going to see what it originally said.

And Cyberweasel - don't forget there is no such thing as a "dumb question" because all of us didn't know at some point or other. Asking is how we get the answers :thumbsup:

Yup, They're correct that a member doesn't have the ability to remove or delete their own posts or threads here. And correct that to do so, just report your own comment and I or one of the other staffers here will take care of it for you. ;)