Bravil messed up.

Hayzie

{edit} sorry, I think I meant to post this in the Mod Troubleshooting board.

I understand there might be an incompatibility issue between Bravil Docks and Barrowfields (wait, they're different right?).

My Better Cities is up to date and my Unique Landscapes is a compilation mod. I was looking on Nexus for any compatibility patches and the patches I did find say they were not needed if Better Cities is installed. I guess pics would help, I'll get to that if needed.

Pretty much, outside of Bravil, especially near the gates have see-thru grounds and blurry textures. Directly in front of the main gate. If I happen to step into one, it gives the message of "You cannot go in that direction. Turn back.", even though my boundaries are disabled. Once in that position, I cannot move from that spot even with collision off. I can fast travel away from it, but that's it.

So I enter Bravil and everything is out of place. Hollow grounds, floating doors, etc.

I have Better Cities at the bottom of my load order with UL just before it. So Better Cities is last. Is there something wrong with the load order or do I need to change anything around? Also, do the patches really help for Better Cities?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Hayzie

When you installed them, did you install Unique Landscapes THEN Better Cities? Better Cities checks for what mods you have installed and will install extra files if and only if it detects certain other mods (eg Unique Landscapes). If you install in the reverse order, you will be missing important things. Also, so you use Wrye Bash? I would imagine the Bashed Patch is pretty well necessary for these mods.

Yes, I installed BC after UL.

Update: Not sure what fixed it.... but here goes.

I remember a little while ago I created a bash with Wrye. I uninstalled Wrye. The Bash folders still existed, however. I deleted the folders. I just now installed Wrye again and it gave the option to load BOSS. I didn't know loading BOSS would mean it would automatically update my load order. I was kinda upset about that. I'm not sure if it's the load order or me deleting the bash, but outside and inside of Bravil seems to be working just fine now.

Question: it could be either one, right? Does deleting the bash patches reset it? or was it BOSS that fixed the load order?

I didn't appreciate BOSS doing it automatically, but if it fixed it then great. I just hope it doesn't mess up my load order to where I'm going to crash to desktop all the time. Manually doing my load orders by hand has pretty much perfected my CTD's to be nonexistent.

I manually edited my load order close to what it was before and it still seems fixed. I'm assuming it was the bash patch. This topic may be closed if that's what's necessary, but I'm welcome to more answers before it closes.

I don't have a very complex load order. I usually only have about 80 mods installed, most of them dungeons and quests. I tried BOSS once, had a bad experience, and have never gone back. I could look at the load order it proposed and tick off the places where it was giving bad advice and telling me to do the wrong thing and disregard the installation instructions of mods. I also run a lot of the lesser-known mods, and BOSS has no idea what to do with them, so you have to manually place them in the load order anyway. So much for BOSS.

I run around 250 esps. As long as I keep an updated masterlist, BOSS usually recognises everything I run, and I rarely need to make manual tweaks to the load order afterwards (sometimes one or two files, rather than manually ordering 250). Not sure why you are having so much trouble with a utility that works out of the box for 99% of people.