Better Cities Mod Problem

aaroncox

well good news. after i fixed my UOP. i decided to take a different approach. i clicked no when it asked me if i wanted to merged the plugins to v4. instead i chose 3 towns where i wanted to use better cities, anvil, lewyain, and bravil. and it worked great. it didnt crash. and the extensive detail on the cities are amazing. breath taking. so many new quests and things to do. the only problem i had was occasionally the voice didnt speak when i was talking to someone. but no crashes or anything is that normal? and if this works fine, is it safe to say i could enable all of them? or maybe since i fixed my patch my better cities mods would allow me to merge the plugins for v4? i don't know. but i'm glad i finally got it to work.

Just remember that Better Cities also has a requirement: Shivering Isles. If you have that installed, then there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to install all of the BC towns now that you have your UOP sorted out.

thanks so now i'm downloading shivering isles. i didnt have it installed before. and i added imperial cities ( had like five didn't places in it) and it hasn't crashed or anything. i'm a mail courier now. but i have a problem. i didn't have all the cities on better mods and now i need to deliver to that town. and that town doesn't have the gold courior. so i guess i'm gonna add the rest of the cities since everything else seems to be working fine.

i added everything and it works fine =) thanks hickory for helping me FINALLY figure this thing out. it was the darn UOP patch all along lol.

Well, that's a relief. I'm glad your ordeal is over at last.

so my next step now is to add unique landscapes. normally do players need to download the compatibility patches? for both better cities mod, and unique landscapes? because i know they're available, but i'm not sure if i will need to use them

If you have Better Cities installed and you install full UL, then yes, you will need compatibility patches. You should also check the patches page for any other mods you have that need patching. Do not make the mistake of installing patches that you do not need.

well i loaded unique landscapes and for the most part it seems to be running alright. i think i'm missing a compatibility patch or something because there one was spot where it looked all purple. and then the trees were all high in the air floating. i downloaded a separate archive called unique landscape compatibility patches but when i uploaded it on my obmm, it said there was a mod conflict with my other mod unique landscapes, so i deactivated it. any suggestions? thanks

Aaron

p.s at least it hasn't crashed yet lol