Problem with MMM

I just reinstalled MMM on my computer because variable creatures was conflicting with another mod. However, I have now installed it before Francesco's because uninstalling Frans is extremely hard to do because it's an exe, not an omod. (frans is intended to be installed afterward). This may or may not be the cause, however:

I get a random group of missing meshes around groups of carrion rats when they appear. I saw this first at Fort ColdCorn. The rats themselves are there and don't see to have any probs, there are just "wtf ima missing mesh" signs surrounding them. I tried squashing them and it doesn't make a difference. I'ts a minor problem so far but I don't like to see missing mesh flags all over the place it's visually annoying. If anyone can take a stab at figuring out this problem please do. Thanks in advance.

Try checking your Oblivion Data folder and make sure you have a file called "Mart's Monster Mod for Fran.bsa" in there. You should have two files with that same name; one is the esp and one is the bsa. If the bsa is missing, that's the problem.

If it's not missing, try this...

Open your Oblivion ini file. It'll be round near the folder that has your game saves -- probably something like My Documents\My Games\Oblivion or something like that. Down at the end you should have a line that says something very similar to this:

sArchiveList=..\obmm\BSARedirection.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa, FraNewItems.bsa, Mart's Monster Mod for Fran.bsa

If you DON'T have the part that says "Mart's Monster Mod for Fran.bsa" then add it in manually. I've had mixed experiences with this; sometimes Oblivion has no problem loading up the bsa (which is a file containing textures and meshes) even when it's not in that list, and sometimes it chokes. I'm not technical enough to know why it only happens sometimes, but adding the file to the list will force it to load and won't cause any problems if that wasn't the issue.