New Books

Deleted1572091User

So, playing through Oblivion and Morrowind, I occasionally take a moment to read a book or two that are either main-quest related or just seem interesting. Been meaning to read most of them at some point, but I didn't really start until a week ago. Used the UESP wiki to just start reading books from Elder Scrolls. About 1/3 the way through (finished reading the history, faction, travel and politics books) now. A lot of books are just information, but a fair number of them I've taken a real liking to. The last year of the first age series was particularly good. The Guide to Bruma should make anyone who's played through Oblivion's Mages Guild quests laugh.

Anyway, just thought I'd see which books the rest of you enjoyed, and what sort of books you may be looking for in Skyrim. I'm pretty sure that books aren't really on most people's minds when they think of Skyrim, especially those who never read many before. But for some it may be worth considering. As for me, I'd really like to see more on the adventures of Vivec, Almalexia and/or Sotha Sil. I'm not entirely sure if 2920 is supposed to be a factual narrative or simply a fictituous narrative based on the real events, but either way it gave the Tribunal character. In Morrowind you talk to Vivec and Almalexia, but this is past their prime, and you don't get a very good insight into their characters. I mean, you'd figure "living gods" that were around for a few thousand years would be pretty interesting characters, no? There's probably a number of other things I'd like to see, but Tribunal stuff is probably top of the list. Thoughts?

Yeah man! A lot of the short stories in Morrowind and Oblivion are really well written and worth the read. It adds a lot of history and depth to the game for those who read them. I agree about the "living gods" - I was always real curious about the Tribunal and what they were up to in their prime. I was also interested in Nerevar's former life, how he met Almalexia, etc.

I've red some, especialy when I first started Oblivion. I thought that I will only get the skills they give you only if you read all the content, lol. How naive I was. I don't remember much, since it's been more than 2 years since I last played Oblivion on my PC. There was a series of books that I kinda remember, but I forgot the titles and the name of the characters. Something about a Dumner female from Morrowind and her love for a thief, or something like that. :P

I remember reading some books in Morrowind. They were pretty interesting.

When I started reading in Oblivion, it seemed somewhat 'less' than Morrowind. The books are bland and really, really short in Oblivion.

Seriously, why only a three paged book?

Люблю читать такие игравые книги, в ТЕС и Готике я часто читал различные истории, читал про оружее и магию, и не отказался бы почитать еще парочку хороших историй в ТЕС5, почитать про драконов, оружее, магию и историю ТЕС....

I love to read such books in the TES and the Gothic, I often read various stories, read about the weapons and magic, and would not mind reading a couple more good stories in TES5, read about dragons, weapons, magic and history TES....