Sofia follower/companion issue--not all dialogue options are showing

CliffinFL

I noticed an issue with Sofia (not sure if it's impacting other potential companions because she's the only one I have). I read on the description from the developer that you can boost her relationship status for potential marriage by giving her gifts. However, that option is just not coming up in my dialogue box with her. The only dialogue options are: trading items, hold items but don't use them, wait here, it's time for us to part ways. I thought that I remember when I first added her, there was also the option to give her a gift (and one to check her stats, not sure?), but I'm not seeing it here.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to fix this issue, or is something likely messed up through modding where I'll need to do a clean install, re-add all of my mods, and lose all of my game progress?

Come to think of it, I may just start fresh. I've added/removed a lot of mods, and probably made any number of mistakes along the way. I'm noticing some other glitches too.

My understanding is that I should do the following:

1) uninstall and delete all mods from NMM

2) delete NMM just to be safe

3) do a full uninstall of Skyrim

4) re-install Skyrim from my discs

5) re-install NMM

6) re-install mods

Unfortunately the reload didn't help. It fixed another glitch, but not the missing dialogue boxes. The strange thing is that even though I went to control panel and completely uninstalled Skyrim, my old save games were still there. Does that mean I didn't do the uninstall properly?

Your savegames are not deleted when uninstalling Skyrim.

I don't think that uninstalling NMM was necessary btw.

In my opinion there are 2 possible cases :

-You're using an old version of Sofia, without the marriage system.

-Your savegame is corrupted concerning her dialogues.

Edited by iraido

I just checked my version in Mod Organizer. It's version 2.03--the latest.

I don't think it could be a corrupted save game, as when I created a new character it still happened. When that new character met Sofia for the first time in the stables, I followed the dialogue to make her a follower, and the options to give her a gift and talk to her weren't there. I'm thinking that would eliminate the possibility of a bad save.

Possible mod conflict?

I'm glad I reloaded the game though. It took care of another issue where miscellaneous quests weren't showing in my log. When I re-opened my old game after the clean install , I saw the misc quest tab was back again. I wish it had taken care of the Sofia issue too...

I have Serana as a follower and Arissa.

I also have Interesting NPCs as a mod.

I have added Sofia but when I go to the stable to talk to her, she gets through most of her dialogue but when it comes to her asking about me, no dialogue box comes up for me to continue the conversation. I can look around but not continue the dialogue nor do any of the keys (tab, ~, ESC, CTRL) work. I have to go to Ctrl Alt Del and use Task Manager to end Skyrim. Do I need to change the load order to put her in front of Interesting NPCs and Arissa? I really want to add Sofia as a mod as she is quite funny but can't get past this spot.