Adding creature models?

pickinthebanjo

I have been wondering how to add creatures to New Vegas for a while now and I attempted it last night but could not figure out how to get the model in the GECK. A bit of help on this matter would be much appreciated.

I would like to first figure out how to get the model in, I could care less if I need to replace a creature's mesh.

Second, after figuring out how to add the meshes I would then like to know how to create a new character and what I would need to do in the GECK to spawn them into New Vegas.

I have the meshes setup and ready I just need to know how to add them.

What skeleton does your creature use?

Put your new model in the same directory as that skeleton.

Make a copy of whatever kind of creature it is. Say your new creature uses the super mutant skeleton, copy a SM.

Go to the model list tab, untick whatever is there and tick your new model.

uses a feral ghoul skeleton, so you say all I have to do is put it in the same directory? The problem with that is that I use no creature mods so I have no directory to add it to, so do I just make the directory and copy the file structure like it is in the BSA that I unpacked the ghoul from?

let us know how this turns out.

It cannot be that simple, of course it still needs rigging and whatnot, I found a good rescource to be;

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Creature_Meshes_101

Thats a really good rescource, ive not followed it 100% through yet, but yea, should work the same. :)