Wondering About Permissions

Naktis

Hello! :happy: I was wondering do I need to get permissions from modders to use their races for CM Partners even though their races are required to download if people want to use the said companion? Or only crediting them is enough?

I have two characters that I want to make into companions and share them with everyone here but the thing is I only made custom race companions for myself so I didn't have to worry about that, but now that I want to share them I have no idea what to do. :confused:

Thank you very much and sorry for grammar/spelling errors if I made any. English isn't my native language. :teehee:

Personally, I don't see an issue, here. You're not actually using any resources which are unique to that custom race in your CM Partners mod, are yuo? I don't know how that works, to be honest, but I doubt you're actually redistributing textures and meshes with your mod. You're much more likely just referencing them and the custom race mod has to be installed for it to work. I could be wrong about that, but it really would make little sense to me for it to be any other way.

Normally people list the race mod as a pre-requisite, and list the author in the thanks section of their readme. It would be different if you extracted the race and bundled it with your own mod though.

To be sure I would contact the author. I don't think most would mind, but there are some instances where it may be an issue.

I don't use CM companions, but for at least one of my race mods (Gothic Breton) I know the author of the actual face files I used forbids it being used for companions of any kind. That would exclude the race itself being used in any way I guess, and I have included that in my Readme so people know beforehand.