Help me find out why a certain spot crashes me!

F4c2a

I need someone to go to:

this place

And tell me what there is, because every time I ride there it crashes me. :P Before I crash I just see slightly hilly terrain and some grass around there, nothing out of the ordinary. But after a couple seconds that spot ALWAYS crashes me.

Thanks in advance. :b

Edited by F4c2a

Yes that's the location of the Knights of the Thorn Lodge. An Oblivion gate will also open SW of the lodge if you've progressed in the Main Quest past the Dagon Shrine quest.

Yes that's the location of the Knights of the Thorn Lodge. An Oblivion gate will also open SW of the lodge if you've progressed in the Main Quest past the Dagon Shrine quest.

There is also a cave up north from the lake which is north, north westish of the lodge. do you make it to the lake before you crash? i noticed my FPS went down when i went there to check it out (i had to buy a new horse anyways, mine got killed by a cougar :O) anyways, dont know if the FPS does or could even have anything to do with your problem.

No I mean I crash right after I ride past the Knights lodge - I'm on my way to the north to the lake, doing main quest - right after Knights lodge about 40 feet and I crash, every time. I'd just like to know what there is so I'd have a clue where to start eliminating. (Like is there some special gfx, or a lot of grass, or anything...) Edited by F4c2a

No I mean I crash right after I ride past the Knights lodge - I'm on my way to the north to the lake, doing main quest - right after Knights lodge about 40 feet and I crash, every time. I'd just like to know what there is so I'd have a clue where to start eliminating. (Like is there some special gfx, or a lot of grass, or anything...)

Sounds like a corrupt spawn point. Try going into an interior cell somewhere, wait (with the T key) 24 hours, five times, save your game, restart and reload, and try going there again. Waiting five days will clear the cell, so if it's something like a corrupt spawn point that should get rid of it.

Also: are you running any mods?

Oh Goddamnit. :( It's the grass. I had one mod, the grass-medium-distance tiling-remover from Oblivion Tweak Guide, but removing it didn't help: If I go into grass and trash about crashing occurs in a few seconds. Tried turning shadows on grass: off, but to no avail. >:(

Now, slid the grass slider all the way to left, no grass, no crash.

I guess I can live without it but sure is a bummer. >:(

EDIT: Funnily enough, if I don't go INTO the grass it doesn't crash. Atleast I think it doesn't. I kinda hate testing which element crashes it because my comp can't recover from it at all, it's a hard boot every time. Not healthy.

Edited by F4c2a