ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Pipe rifles from Fallout Classic weapons, although an aged junk version of nearly any weapon would do. You can also justify a raid on an arsenal pre-war or not, it's how the White Legs got their storm drums. Also Hunting rifles and the Medicine Stick from GRA

I'm not sure how primitive it would be if rifles existed in abundance, for ranged weapons I thought of going with the spears and throwing axes and tomahawks. I suppose maybe tribal elders could have a primitive firearm as a show of his magic powers. ( Elder waves his metal walking stick around and points it in the air * Boooom * suddenly the air is shattered by a piercing sound as warrior and villager cower in fear of the elders magic. ), But hunters, warriors and regular village folks shouldn't have rifles or handguns but that is just my opinion. I never mentioned explosives either but I think mini nukes might be out unless it is as a religious artifact worshipped by one of the tribes. The rest of the explosives would be out with a few exceptions like Powder Charges or Tin Grenade, so basically items that can be constructed my an elder or shaman.

Yes, but historically, Indians traded for firearms as soon as they could get their hands on them. Families to feed and all that. And it's quite clear the pre-war abused every amendment except the 2nd, cause pre-war guns are EVERYWHERE. Only exceptionally isolated tribes like the Sorrows have any chance of not having firearms for hunting purposes. Humans are very very adept at trading.

Yes that is a very valid point in parallel timelines there will be similarity in the history of both timelines that gives the player that sense of deja vu. That is why when I play Fallout I see it as the world that could have been and not what was. I just think that by beefing up the mutated animals and enemies we wouldn't need modern firearms. I mean if your a tribal with a hunting rifle and your facing 5-6 enemies with rebar clubs and war clubs you could pick them off with ease from a distance thus eliminating the whole primitive life style I was hoping to create. With modern firearms in a primitive environment that would be more like a transition era between industrialized America and modern times. Firearms, telegraphs, steam railroads, horseless buggies, mining explosives, machine guns, revolvers would see the whole sale slaughter of the tribals and it would be like the Native American genocide all over again. I played cowboys and Indians as a kid when I was younger, running around shooting up the Indians who were raiding covered wagons. I was thinking of just a primitive environment with very limited modern firearms in the hands of tribal shamans and elders and the regular tribals would think that a old shotgun was a mystical thunder stick. Of course that is just my opinion and nothing is written in stone.

I just think that by beefing up the mutated animals and enemies we wouldn't need modern firearms. I mean if your a tribal with a hunting rifle and your facing 5-6 enemies with rebar clubs and war clubs you could pick them off with ease from a distance thus eliminating the whole primitive life style I was hoping to create

I didn't get a chance to browse the thread (too busy for modding or even perusing the forums, sucks), but saw a little bit of talk about primitive weapons in my email alerts. I wanted to point out that your not limited to the standard primitive weapons of FONV. Almost any mesh (and some special effects) can be made into a melee weapon. Here is one I tore off of a tree (figuratively, although it could probably be made so that the branch/club could be detached from a tree and used) as an example, Vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaPSydDrZFk&feature=youtu.be

So just about anything you see in game that you think could be weaponized can be made to work with some effort. In fact sticking with the primitive theme there could be a lot of degrees of weapons. A softwood club could be very low powered, but a hardwood club of sufficient size might do some decent damage. A flaming torch for some fire effects/xtra damage. Etc.

I can't guarantee I'll have time to work on them (as you know I'v got a few projects going on), but maybe I can make a few.

Some wooly brahin would be interesting.....