Mod suggestions for added realism/immersion

AlduinWorldEater

Here lately I've been hooked on adding mods that up the realism and immersion factors in-game. I'm already running Frostfall, Hunterborn, and Realistic Needs & Diseases, but I was wondering what other mods could be added. I'm already having to eat, sleep, drink, treat sickness, and stay warm and dry...is there really anything else to add at this point?

Yes there is a whole lot more to do for realism. I aim for realism and immersion but still keeping it a video game. There are re weight mods that balance items, add weight to arrows and coins. There are crafting, smithing/enchanting and jewelry mods that are more in depth. Perk trees that are more immersive. Loot mods, weapon and armor degrading mods. Mods that let others craft for you. Alchemy overhauls so that you need bottles to make potions and you can make them anywhere. Mods that add hundreds of weapons and armor to the game. One I just got adds alternate death situations, like badits may not kill you but instead knock you out and take your stuff. Damage balancing through console commands. Currently I have it set for 2-4 hits or 1-2 arrows I kill and 2-4 hits 1-4 arrows I'm dead. You can set the time slower. Immersive horses and followers. And of course (given your PC can take it) graphic immersive mods. I am sure I'm forgetting a lot too. If you want I can make links or a list to most of mine. I can't get around to doing all of that tonight though.

Good luck modding out skyrim 😎

This was one of the first immersion mods I installed. I still get a little freaked out by watching Hulda take a break from bartending to go warm herself by the fire (Frostfall may play into that too)

Here are the mods I highly recommend. It is a lot to take in and it has been over a year of modding for me to come to this game build which for me is near perfect.

Here is the linked list:

Homes:

Home Construction

Animals/Creatures:

Alpha Wolves

Realistic animals

Convenient horses

Animations:

Dual Wield Improved

Max skeleton

Armor:

Immersive armor

Staves of skyrim

Audio:

Clanking armor

Player voice

Real bow sound

Bug Fixes:

Quiver placement

Clothing:

Bandolier bags and pouches and Decrease weight and cost

Cloaks of skyrim

Left hand rings

Craftable clothing

Combat:

Dual Wield blocking

ACE combat skills does a whole lot more than just combat. Its an entire game overhaul that is customizable.

Combat realism

Locational damage

Dodge mod

Companions:

Follower overhaul

Environment:

Flocks and birds

Game play changes:

Reweight items

Alternate start

Character creation overhaul

Crafting overhaul

Alternate death and add on Mod

Dynamic statics

Carry weight per stamina

Hardcore carry weight

Logical health limits

Realistic rag doll

Run for you lives

Less Loot

Trade and barter

Weighted arrows

Perk overhaul

Gold adjustment

Honed metal

Guilds:

Enhanced companions

Thieves guild redone and No auto start

Hair/eyes:

Apachii hair

Eyes

Immersion:

Alchemy needs bottles

Dynamic loot

Equipping overhaul

Better objectives

Hunterborn

Detection

Lanterns

Learn alchemy from recipes

No GPS

Placeable statics

Realistic weapon positions

Enhanced camera

Realistic archery

Take notes

Crafting kits

Time and travel

Loot and Degradation

Items/Objects:

Artifact balance

Immersive jewelry

Landscape:

Beautiful cities

Grass on steroids (no performance loss)

High res signs

Landscape

Rocks

Alchemy:

Field alchemy

Dynamic human drops

Enchanting:

Balance overhaul

Passive recharging

Enchantment cleanser

Merchants:

Richer

Misc:

Weighted coins also renames to Septims

Textures:

Landscape

Beautiful bodies

Character enhancement

Glaciers

2k textures

NPCS:

Horses on patrol

Interesting NPCs

Guards

Overhauls:

Deadly dragons

Scaling stopper

Patches:

Unofficial patches

Quests:

Helgen reborn

Darkbrotherhood

Leveling:

Dragonsouls to perks

User Interface:

Quality world map

Immersive HUD

SkyUI

Utilities:

Silent Voices

Visuals:

Better embers

Detailed LOD

Enhanced blood

Pure Waters

Realistic sun

smoking torches

Mesh improvement

True torches

Weapons:

Immersive Weapons

That is the bulk of my mods. Of course I have the mods you mentioned as well. I am really pleased with how immersive my game is but of course I am always adding. I also use console commands. You can find a list of all of them on the wiki or just google console commands. I use them to make the time in skyrim 4 times faster than real time rather than 16 times. I also use it to boost my damage output to 3 times normal and I set the difficult to Expert. I found this to have a balance as in I kill in the same amount of hits as will kill me ( about 3) I also use them to reduce my healrate so that I only really notice health recovery when sleeping/waiting. I cut my stamina regeneration in half as well. I think that is all I do with console. Remember to use Player.ForceAV so that the changes stay. Hope you enjoy the list!