My computer won't be able to handle this.

DrunkenGamer

God I wish I had a computer capable of running something as graphic intensive as this game will be. I've been thinking about building a new computer, but since I still am a minor and live with my parents who control my financial assets, I've been unable to do so.

I'm going to live in agony while this game comes out.

Anyone else in the same hole I'm in? Crap computer, no money, wanting the game?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I wish I had a computer capable of running something as graphic intensive as this game will be. I've been thinking about building a new computer, but since I still am a minor and live with my parents who control my financial assets, I've been unable to do so.

I'm going to live in agony while this game comes out.

Anyone else in the same hole I'm in? Crap computer, no money, wanting the game?

You should be happy you are young and have your whole life ahead of you; look at the good things...at least you are not 33. :confused:

The first 1200 hours of Oblivion for me was done with a computer that could barely run it. I avg'd 8-10 fps had no lighting, or grass enabled and the game was perfectly playable. On the same exact PC I was able to run FO3 on med low so it stands to reason If you can run Oblivion on the lowest settings you'll be able to run Skyrim with slightly higher settings.

Just for shtz and giggles, tell me what your PC's specs are.

Well, I can't say I'm in your situation, but there's still a long way until Skyrim's release. Mayby you'll manage to convince your parents to buy you a new PC. You can also start to save money and mayby your parents will help you if they see you realy want one. I'm also saving money since I heard of it's release and I'm almost there.

Drunkengamer and a minor... >.> lol

Anyways, why not get a summer job. For your birthday or Christmas as for pc components like a video card or processor. Then flesh out the rest of the rig with the money you save. If you need some help with the build just ask and we can give suggestions. :)

The first 1200 hours of Oblivion for me was done with a computer that could barely run it. I avg'd 8-10 fps had no lighting, or grass enabled and the game was perfectly playable. On the same exact PC I was able to run FO3 on med low so it stands to reason If you can run Oblivion on the lowest settings you'll be able to run Skyrim with slightly higher settings.

Just for shtz and giggles, tell me what your PC's specs are.

so true oblivion runs like crap, so i thought fallout would be even crappier but bought it anyways and to my surprise fallout ran better. new vegas plays at about 25 fps?!?!?!?! doesn't make any sense to me. im not worried about skyrim im buying a new pc by then, a real gaming PC not a sam's club special this time.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=487909

Skyrim will most likely run smoother than Oblivion does, but Skyrim also has better graphics (something Fallout did not), and will therefore not run smoother on low-end computers after all.

But as Fatalmaster said, get a summer job. After the summer, you can then (by the standards) afford a pretty good computer. :) (I earn about 7000$ for a little more than one month of summer job, and that is a pretty good computer. :) )