My computer won't be able to handle this.

DrunkenGamer

Skyrim will most likely run smoother than Oblivion does, but Skyrim also has better graphics (something Fallout did not), and will therefore not run smoother on low-end computers after all.

But as Fatalmaster said, get a summer job. After the summer, you can then (by the standards) afford a pretty good computer. :) (I earn about 7000$ for a little more than one month of summer job, and that is a pretty good computer. :) )

You live in Norway. :mellow:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim will most likely run smoother than Oblivion does, but Skyrim also has better graphics (something Fallout did not), and will therefore not run smoother on low-end computers after all.

But as Fatalmaster said, get a summer job. After the summer, you can then (by the standards) afford a pretty good computer. :) (I earn about 7000$ for a little more than one month of summer job, and that is a pretty good computer. :) )

You live in Norway. :mellow:

Buuut:

One word: Norway...

You earn a lot, but everything costs 3 times as much as everywhere else.. :P

Hmmm.... I have an Alienware m17x from last July...

I'm going to go ahead and assume that I'll be able to run it... at least I sure hope so. :P

Unless of course Bethesda says, "Ha!" and tears my heart out...

haha

Well, from the trailer, the graphics look absolutely crazy! But, I think my beefy can run it ;) If not, I'm asking for a new graphics card for Christmas :P Stinks, as I just got this one last year lol.

You have to figure, this game is also going to be released on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. So, I don't think it's going to be TOO crazy.

Edited by Illiad86

I am going to end up having to just play Skyrim on console. My techy grandparents bought me my laptop for christmas last year for gaming, but this "gaming" laptop struggles with Oblivion on medium settings. I don't want to complain, but I wish I could play Skyrim on PC.

I am going to end up having to just play Skyrim on console. My techy grandparents bought me my laptop for christmas last year for gaming, but this "gaming" laptop struggles with Oblivion on medium settings. I don't want to complain, but I wish I could play Skyrim on PC.

Yeah, same here.I get around 20-25 constant fps in Oblivion without any graphics mods and the fade settings to max and shadows set to 5, and that's only if there aren't a lot of actors onscreen.So I seriously doubt I'll be able to play Skyrim, I plan on sticking with the 360 until I can afford a high-end computer, and by that time all the good mods will have come out.

Just for shtz and giggles, tell me what your PC's specs are.

Well, I've managed to Frankenstein a

*Phenom II 955BE 3.2GHz cooled by OCZ Vendetta 2 /Noctua NFP-120mm fan

*8GB Patriot DDR3 @ 1066 7.7.7.20 1.5V (1333 9.9.9.24 165V Max)

*XFX ATi HD4890 1GB @ 800MHz Core/1100MHz Mem. cooled by Thermalright TRad2 w/ 2x Noctua NFB-92mm

*Asus M4A78T-E @3303 BIOS

*PC Power&Cooling's Scilencer QuadPCI-e 750W (825W Peak) Single Rail @60A

Sadly, Asus is a weak spot for me. It's not able to handle much of a stable OC... I shoulda gone with Gigabyte. :pinch:

Sorry for geeking my specs... :blush:

Regarding performance of the Gambryo games, don't forget to tweak the .ini's for true PC performance! You have to tell Oblivion/Fallout that you have multiple cores on CPU and turn on multi-threading for, like, 8 different things! Not to mention enabling hardware 3D sound. Check the awesome work at TweakGuides :geek:

...for the record, I'll hit 34 in May. The way things are going, I'll be long-dead before I get my hover-car. :dry: All you kids don't know how good you have it. Imagine playing NES games, in the snow, uphill both ways, -40 not including windchill, only in shorts!! And that's summer time! (I am Canadian. Our domiciles are snow, eh.) :P