My computer won't be able to handle this.

DrunkenGamer

I've been looking at this Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 1GB card for a while.

Does anybody know of it/is it any good? The rest of it I thought of getting some generic stuff, but this is the card I really want.

Hm?

I have one. Its not bad. Runs Vanilla FO3 and FNV real well. Though the various population mods I have added have dropped the FPS enough that I may need to get a new card. I'll probably get a Sapphire Toxic HD6870, the new model 100314TXSR. Though I may be better off getting another Vapor- X 5770 and running them in crossfire mode.

I was thinking about just getting two Vapor-X 5770's and running Crossfire, too. When I found out what crossfire was, I was just like, "woah,no way".

Think it's worth it?

Price wise I think so. Two Vapor X 5770s from Newegg are $260 total. One 6870 Toxic is $240.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright so what if u don't just happen to build computers yourself? does that mean your just out of luck? lol

then you hit the stores

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

http://www.ibuypower.com/

or get a readybuilt from - for example -

http://www.newegg.com/Index.aspx

but given the wording of your question

remember to stay away from water cooling

and overclocking

just use the stock air cooler for any CPU you like

and you can get a decent game rig for under $1000

(unless you go overboard on things you don't actually need)

and remember to get an operating system

Edited by Fonger

most every city has small computer shops that sell computers, computer parts, as well as software. Go talk to them and tell them what you want and get a quote. Just remember for a hundred dollars you can get a amd quad core that will run any game out there full out, no problem. A gaming motherboard that can run two cards shouldn't be over two hundred dollars. The asus m3n ht deluxe was one hundred seventy at release three years ago. get a video card that has been out for two or three years and pay less than a hundred. I'm running two zotac 9800 at release they were two hundred and last year they were ninety apiece, they won't run direct x 11 what what the hell there cheap.

so keep an eye on the prices intel has always been very expensive. you don't need the best hardware to play the best games.

Alright so could i just tell u guys my specs, and maybe u could give me some good recommendations about what parts i could buy next to improve my gaming performance?

i got a hp

*AMD Athlon(tim) II X2 245 Processor 2.90 GHz

*RAM = 3.00 GB (2 memory slots inside)

32-bit Operating System

Graphic Card : Radeon HD 5770

Monitor : HPw1858

This is the computer I plan to get by Skyrim's release:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-M17x-r3/pd.aspx

Specs:

PROCESSOR

Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM 2.0GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

MEMORY 4GB

Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz (2DIMMS)

VIDEO CARD

1.5GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M

HARD DRIVE

320GB 7,200RPM HDD

LCD PANEL

17.3-inch WideFHD 1920x1080 120Hz WLED w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle

WIRELESS CARD

Wireless 802.11 g/n

As for the above, I'd try to offer my opinion, but I don't have a lot of experience with the parts in a computer :P

Alright so could i just tell u guys my specs, and maybe u could give me some good recommendations about what parts i could buy next to improve my gaming performance?

*snip*

Really can't tell you how to improve anything without knowing what mobo you have.

But since you have an HP, upgrading by hand will be a little harder. Large pc manufacturers often make their hardware, purposely or not, difficult to modify by having specialized cases, mountings and sometimes even unique hardware configurations.

On of the reasons I never recommend buying a name brand computer. Unlike other consumer products you usually end up paying for more than you get and modifying later is much more difficult. If you are really not sure about building your own, Newegg or similar stores offer combo deals where they send you all the components for a computer and you get a killer deal. You don't have to worry about compatibility, they do all that for you. All you have to do is put it together, which as long as you can read instructions is incredibly easy and done within an afternoon. You will get a lot more for your money and in a few years when you want to upgrade a component it will be easy since you already know how to install the hardware and your options are endless by having a pro chasis for your rig.

Other than that I agree with Fonger expect about using stock cpu coolers. Buying a mid to high end cooler will make any cpu perform much better. Unfortunately with a dell or HP case you often can't use or utilize these.

@LordFrost I make the same recommendation to you. Buying a Dell, your going to pay more and have more headache if you want to upgrade than you would from a ready built company.

Alienware is SUCH a waste of money.