Ending with Alistair question

wolfman1911

I haven't found a definitive answer for this anywhere, and I don't want to find out through trial and error.

What I'm wondering is if you are a human noble female, would it be possible to recruit loghain, have him sacrifice himself and then still become queen with Alistair as king? If it's possible, what do you have to do?

Also, I once saw a table, I think on Dragon Age wiki, that showed all the possible outcomes regarding Alistair, Anora and Loghain. Does that sound familiar, and does anyone know where to find it?

Welcome Wolfman;

Without using a "cheat", there is no way to both recruit Loghain AND keep Alistair around in any capacity. He will either leave, or be executed, at the end of the Landsmeet if you choose to let Loghain live. The BioWare writers did not provide any other options.

There *is* a way to "resurrect" Loghain and let him do the deed in the final battle, but it involves using the Command Console to achieve an ending that the Writers worked very hard to prevent being possible. :laugh:

The only way to get the ending you want is with Thandals cheat, it's brilliant and if you have the mod for changing your party anywhere any time you can even keep Alistair with you until just before you go out on the roof of FD to kill the AD and in case you go that route and are wondering if you can get away with taking both Alistair and Loghain on to the roof, no you can't. This cheat makes for an interesting conversation at the post coronation thing. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
I totally wish i knew how to get the console cheat thing enabled! IM so pc illerate! i have downloaded so many mods [ all wonderful I am sure!} but i cant use them LOL like the console cheat thing... how is that done? LOL anyways thandals version sounds heavenly! no more listening to my "good friend" Morrigan t ell AListair he wont hate having sex with her..... Ok ok i know biologically he might not, but she could have LIED about it or NOT said anything at all GRRR, or shape shifted into the warden! something LOL

@shacary; Are you running a Steam install? I've heard of folk having problems getting the Command Console to activate if you're game was installed that way. (The Console itself is still built into the game, just the exact command-line string to activate it is a little different.)

Alternatively, if you install DAO-Modmanager, it has an option to "Run Dragon Age with Console" as well. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Not that I'm aware of - not without cheating via the Command Console.

Essentially, if you save Loghain's life and conscript him into the Grey Warden's You've betrayed everything Alistair believes in, and he won't stick around. He'll leave the Wardens, quit the party, and your human noble female will have no chance to marry Alistair.

Unless you cheat.