Quiver icons. Are these actually used anywhere in the game?

LHammonds

While organizing the icons for a mod I'm working on, I noticed the vanilla icon sets included "quiver" icons in addition to "arrow" icons. What?!?!?!?!?

All arrow ammo uses the arrow icons when I look at them in the Construction Set.

Does anyone know where these quiver icons are used?

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\daedricquiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\dwarvenquiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\ebonyquiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\glassquiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\ironquiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\quiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\silverquiver.dds

Textures\Menus\Icons\Weapons\steelquiver.dds

Or are these assets simply unused? I am of the opinion these quiver icons are simply never used.

LHammonds

I think the quiver and arrows were going to be separate items and combined at some point after the artwork was finished. For example, dropping a single arrow on the ground shows just an arrow. Drop 2 arrows and you now see the quiver with 2 arrows, etc.

Morrowind had separate pauldron slots from what I've read and maybe they were going to have quivers be separate from arrows at some point but decided to combine them. Who knows. I was just worried that I missed an important icon in my mod by missing some gameplay mechanic somewhere that showed those icons. ;)

The obvious place they SHOULD be used is if you use your last arrow up, leaving you with an empty quiver in your inventory. Sadly that didn't happen it seems.