New Races for Skyrim?

billyro

lets see, Bethesda has created orcs, reptile people, cat people, nords, imperials, wood elves, etc. BUT, they are missing a few races...what happened to asians, hispanics....xD (in all seriousness there should be an amphibian race hehe with the ability to *censored* slap people with ur tongue in one hit and in slow mo. LOL.

argonians have of both reptile and amphibians quantiles, who knows maybe some have big tongues

from uesp.net http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Argonian

"While Argonians appear reptilian in nature at first glance, they also exhibit fish- and amphibian-like qualities, such as being able to breathe underwater, having small gills behind their ears, and swim using the same body mechanism as that of a tadpole or eel, waving its tail side-to-side to propel itself through the water."

As long as I can remake my albino Argonian in Skyrim, I'll be pretty content.

Oh, Stabber. I'll never forget your sack clothes, brave deeds, heroics and the way you also broke into people's homes, stole their possessions and bludgeoned them to death in their own beds in the name of Sithis.

You were...complicated.

It stems to reason someone from Akavir would be called Akaviri, not Asian. I still see no mention of a places called Asia mentioned in the link provided.

They have the traits of Asia as we know it. The customs, designs in their weapons, architecture, etc.

It stems to reason someone from Akavir would be called Akaviri, not Asian. I still see no mention of a places called Asia mentioned in the link provided.

They have the traits of Asia as we know it. The customs, designs in their weapons, architecture, etc.

Regardless I would no more expect to see a race called "Asian" added to the game as I would to see one called "European" simply because Imperials, Nords and Breton bare some superficial resemblance to historical cultures which have existed in Europe at some time.

This isn't to mention the Asian continent having a cultural and ethnic diversity equal to or much greater than that of Europe throughout history. Is Akavir like Japan, China, Korea, India, or Russia...? How about Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan or Mongolia...? Referring to Akavir as the TES Asia is like putting white rice and chicken on a table and saying it's Asian food. Well sure it might have some resemblance but it certainly doesn't stand as a representation of all Asian foods.

When you say "Asian" do you just mean dudes in silk robes jumping around with katanas yelling "hiya"?

Regardless I would no more expect to see a race called "Asian" added to the game as I would to see one called "European" simply because Imperials, Nords and Breton bare some superficial resemblance to historical cultures which have existed in Europe at some time.

This isn't to mention the Asian continent having a cultural and ethnic diversity equal to or much greater than that of Europe throughout history. Is Akavir like Japan, China, Korea, India, or Russia...? How about Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan or Mongolia...? Referring to Akavir as the TES Asia is like putting white rice and chicken on a table and saying it's Asian food. Well sure it might have some resemblance but it certainly doesn't stand as a representation of all Asian foods.

When you say "Asian" do you just mean dudes in silk robes jumping around with katanas yelling "hiya"?

Different parts of Akavir are influenced by different parts of asia. Some are based on eastern asians, (Like Tsaesci = Japanese) and some have stories resembling hindu mythology. I'm not really advocating that there should be a specific race, just saying that lore allows the traits of Asia in our world to be used canonically.

That's common knowledge, but the poster didn't say, I'm looking forward to the addition of the Tscaesci race or Akaviri race. No, he said "Asian race", to which I replied there is no such a thing, which cannot be denied.

This has to be one of my biggest gripes with Bethesda. Rather than make up their own lore and create something original, fresh and deep, they choose to emulate existing mythologies and cultures. It's most prevalent every time I see some wannabe Viking-Nord stuff. It can't be authentically Viking, because it's not acurate... yet it can't be authentically Nord because it's just an obvious Neo-classical romanticized copy... So instead we get this cheap, knockoff that idles somewhere in the limbo zone between, unable to be 100% anything. Heck even Dunmer live in houses formed from mushrooms, much like the Drow of Forgotten Realms fame... :confused:

However, Khajit and Argonian seem to be authentically Elder Scrolls, with nothing else in the way... they are very refreshing.

lets see, Bethesda has created orcs, reptile people, cat people, nords, imperials, wood elves, etc. BUT, they are missing a few races...what happened to asians, hispanics....xD (in all seriousness there should be an amphibian race hehe with the ability to *censored* slap people with ur tongue in one hit and in slow mo. LOL.

Don't know about Hispanics, but the Tsaesci are the Nirn reply to Asians. (Hence weapons like the Katana, Tanto, and Dai-Katana (actually called a Nodachi in real japan)) and the Tsaesci more or less get chased out every time they appear (Since all they do is give the empire hell and assassinate emperors)

That's common knowledge, but the poster didn't say, I'm looking forward to the addition of the Tscaesci race or Akaviri race. No, he said "Asian race", to which I replied there is no such a thing, which cannot be denied.

This has to be one of my biggest gripes with Bethesda. Rather than make up their own lore and create something original, fresh and deep, they choose to emulate existing mythologies and cultures. It's most prevalent every time I see some wannabe Viking-Nord stuff. It can't be authentically Viking, because it's not acurate... yet it can't be authentically Nord because it's just an obvious Neo-classical romanticized copy... So instead we get this cheap, knockoff that idles somewhere in the limbo zone between, unable to be 100% anything. Heck even Dunmer live in houses formed from mushrooms, much like the Drow of Forgotten Realms fame... :confused:

However, Khajit and Argonian seem to be authentically Elder Scrolls, with nothing else in the way... they are very refreshing.

All 3 Elf Races and the Nords and the Dwemer are actually from Norse Mythology, including the Dwemer Centurion tech, TES is heavily influenced by it if you pay close attention. Khajiit and Argonians, on the other hand, are a Fantasy Norm that appears all over-Lizard People and Cat People are in a lot of the older fantasy games looking exactly the same (Even back to things like the old 256-colour 2D Exile games, Nehphilim and Slithzerakai)

Edited by zacmanthedamned