New Races for Skyrim?

billyro

Well... there would probably be some mods that add races of angelic or demonic heritage. Considering the Daedric Lords and Aedra would likely have servants to assist them, it would stand to reason that some might get involved with mortals in some... manners. But then again, that would be partially borrowing off the Planetouched from Dungeon and Dragon fame, Aasimar and Tiefing anyone? But seriously? There might need to be many more elementals. There are High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Half-Elves (The Bretons are Half-Elves technically) in the game, common fantasy races. The mentioned Wild Elves reminds me of someone the main character from Neverwinter Nights 2 first campain's foster father says something about wild elves.

There were Snow Elves in Skyrim lore. Why are there no other kinds of Elves suited towards certain environs? Snow Elves obviously adapted to the harsh cold of Skyrim. Why not some elves suited to environs such as a volcanic area? A desert perhaps?

There have to be many other beast-races eventually. Argonians and Khajiit can't be the only ones. Why not a dog-related race? A hawk like race. Now then again would seem strange and the trolls might think that be a bit too much trollbait for reasons I will not state.

Akaviri has to be close to Skyrim since how the hell did the Akaviri invade in Akaviri lore if Cyrodiil is landlocked (well considering the areas around Bravil and Leyawiin were stolen off Black Marsh and Elyswer.) except for near Anvil though. According to what I have noticed in game, the Akavir invaded from Cyrodiil's north so that has to imply that Skyrim is close to Akavir. Maybe the Nords managed to trade with the inhabitants of Akavir, considering Vikings were known to trade as well as raid.

||rambles on||

• 1 month later...

As long as I can remake my albino Argonian in Skyrim, I'll be pretty content.

Oh, Stabber. I'll never forget your sack clothes, brave deeds, heroics and the way you also broke into people's homes, stole their possessions and bludgeoned them to death in their own beds in the name of Sithis.

You were...complicated.

American Dad reference? If so highfive!

I am 100% they will stick with the tried and true 10 races we had in Oblivion however just like with the Shivering Isles we may encounter some non-playable races in the form of NPC's.

In Elder Scrolls lore there are many more races than just the 10 playable ones and Deadra like Golden Saints and Dremora.

Kothringi (Silver skinned humans from Black Marsh believed extinct)

Nede (Proto-humans that evolved into Nords, Imperials, and Bretons)

Aldmer (The original elven race that evolved into the different elves we see now)

Ayleid (Everyone should know these guys they may or may not be extinct)

Chimer (Everyone who played Morrowind knows all about them they became the Dark Elves)

Dwemer (Another Morrowind favorite they all vanished but are not necessarily gone forever)

Falmer (Snow Elves, These guys actually live in Skyrim and are still around)

Maormer (Sea Elves, They live in the tropical islands of the southern seas)

Imga (Ape like race from Valenwood)

Sload (Jabba the Hutt looking race from Thras)

Ka Po' Tun (Tiger-dragon people from Akavir)

Tsaesci (Vampiric snake people from Akavir)

Kamal (Demons from Akavir)

Tang Mo (Monkey people from Akavir)

and countless variants of Argonians, Khajiit, and Vampires just to name a few.

In all seriousness, Bethesda could easily add a new playable race and still have it lore-friendly. Akavirs for instance. Plus they created there world, they can add to it anything they like, and it will still be LORE. Bethesda could make a race of Fish-Monkey people and that would be LORE, because they created the LORE in the first play.

As long as I can remake my albino Argonian in Skyrim, I'll be pretty content.

Oh, Stabber. I'll never forget your sack clothes, brave deeds, heroics and the way you also broke into people's homes, stole their possessions and bludgeoned them to death in their own beds in the name of Sithis.

You were...complicated.

AH! Reading through this thread, I cam across this, and laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair XD

On a different note, Bethesda could manage to add new races as playable without altering lore in the slightest in regards to their existence. But, the other thing to consider is: Would that individual be welcome in the region you are currently exploring? Plenty of the races do NOT under ANY circumstance get along, and this could pose a HUGE problem for a player trying to use one of them, if they were keeping strictly to lore.

Edited by Sepherose

*snip*

Akaviri has to be close to Skyrim since how the hell did the Akaviri invade in Akaviri lore if Cyrodiil is landlocked (well considering the areas around Bravil and Leyawiin were stolen off Black Marsh and Elyswer.) except for near Anvil though. According to what I have noticed in game, the Akavir invaded from Cyrodiil's north so that has to imply that Skyrim is close to Akavir. Maybe the Nords managed to trade with the inhabitants of Akavir, considering Vikings were known to trade as well as raid.

Actually, Akavir is far to the East of Tamriel. The would have to go around/through Morrowind and into Skyrim if they wished to invade from Pale Pass. ;)