What... Just, What...

Razablanco

So, I've been working on this mod for the last three days. It's basicly a small military encampment with the purpose of being The home of my RR companion based company.

And let me tell you: Barracks, Hospital, storage, defenses, messhall, and all the support personnel took the last three days of my life to make. So today i playtested it, And found it good.

I had accidentally made two of one NPC, and some sandbags where clipping. And they could not navigate the area properly since i had not bothered with the NavMesh. So i went into the G.E.C.K

to sort this out. I removed all the existing NavMeshes in the compound, and pressed "Generate NavMesh". Upon which the G.E.C.K. did something strange indeed. The i pressed save. The G.E.C.K

Froze, and about five second later, crashed. "Ok" i thought, "Just regular G.E.C.K retardment". But now my ESPfile cannot be opened, or even found by either the G.E.C.K or the Mod mannager.

I find the ESP just fine. But for some reason, The G.E.C.K and the Mod Mannager refuses to acknowledge it's existence.

So this is pretty much just a public service announcement:

"The NavMesh WILL eat your mod, be careful with it"

Unfortunately none of the automatic tools which appear in geck for generating navmeshes actually work. You have to draw your navmeshes manually. Please see the navmesh tutorials and navmesh page at geck.bethsoft.com. It is a pain, but there is no way around it today.

There is a tool which is helpful for cleaning up mod files you have broken, this way or any other way. It is called fnvedit. You should download fnvedit and its training manual from newvegasnexus. Using fnvedit, check for errors, and remove anything related to navmesh from your mod. You will probably be able to continue on without losing any of your work.

GECK sucks. But for those that want to implete farout stuff. Its our only tool. But holy crap, sometimes, I want to throw my mouse out the window. ( I at least can buy another mouse )

Ok maybe a keyboard

http://www.tensionnot.com/images/images/Computer448.jpg