Storms and Sounds v3.0 vs Weather - All Natural

VGI

I have one last concern.

It is about the sound function of Weather - All Natural together with Storms & Sound 3.0

In the Storms and Sounds v3.0 mod readme file, it says:

So this mod:

1) Adds weather SOUND when you're in interiors, you'll hear rain, wind but the thing I added compared to Weather Inside is the fact that you hear PsychEroc's STORM and THUNDER sounds from interiors too! This adds quite a lot to immersion in my opinion.

So, it has interior weather sound functions too.

Will this conflict with the interior weather sound functions of Weather - All Natural? I like the idea of storm and thunder sounds being heard from inside, not just wind and rain, especially if the weather is a lighting/thunderstorm. So far, I know that the interior rain sound (when you are indoors and it is raining outside) sounds are working.

PS: I have used BOSS to arrange the load order several times, just to be sure.

I even launched Wrye Bash, and launched BOSS from Wrye Bash, just to be sure.

Always a good idea to be sure, you know? One activation of BOSS sometimes just isn't enough, especially when you are using Wrye Bash and OBMM, both of which have load order function. Plus I make sure that the mods are active in OBMM, Wrye Bash, and the Data Files of the TES4 launcher. :D

PS: I can say that my first TES4 Beautification/Mods project is a success. I may now play it from the start, instead of just running around Cyrodil testing mods. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. I may add a couple or so mods, maybe in the future. But for now, my v1.0 modd list/arsenal is complete.

There is just one annoying issue with Enhanced Water v20 HD - SI Addon: I've turned it into an omod. But If I activate it in OBMM, and launch Wrye Bash, Wrye Bash will say that there is something corrupt with it.

Edited by VGI

[...]

Will this conflict with the interior weather sound functions of Weather - All Natural?

[...]

No. The All Natural documentation covers this. You should always read the documentation provided with the mods you download.

VIII. Recommended Mods

Use These Mods:

All Natural complete install of course!

Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys (for exterior windows lighting)

Storms & Sound (for more interior weather sounds and exterior lightning strikes)

Rainbows in Tamriel v3 (because it’s pretty and works perfectly with All Natural)

Natural Habitat ONLY from Natural Environments mod

Enhanced Vegetation (superior to Natural Vegetation)

Any water mod such as Enhanced Water, Natural Water, Phinix Waterfix

Immersive Interiors (adds viewable exteriors outside windows in interiors for added realism)

[...]

Will this conflict with the interior weather sound functions of Weather - All Natural?

[...]

No. The All Natural documentation covers this. You should always read the documentation provided with the mods you download.

VIII. Recommended Mods

Use These Mods:

All Natural complete install of course!

Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys (for exterior windows lighting)

Storms & Sound (for more interior weather sounds and exterior lightning strikes)

Rainbows in Tamriel v3 (because it’s pretty and works perfectly with All Natural)

Natural Habitat ONLY from Natural Environments mod

Enhanced Vegetation (superior to Natural Vegetation)

Any water mod such as Enhanced Water, Natural Water, Phinix Waterfix

Immersive Interiors (adds viewable exteriors outside windows in interiors for added realism)

Well, yeah, I should read all the documentation and all that...which I try to do btw to spare myself pain (and hassling) others for help.

But sometimes, reading documentation can become tedious...and you tend to not understand what you are reading. That, and many times the documentation is insufficient and/or disorganized. (Then you decide to get a good night's sleep instead, and the next morning, you re-read the documentation and voila! You understand!)

But am not complaining about Storms & Sounds and Weather - All Natural anymore, since I already heard these mods working well indoors in Cyrodil.

Edited by VGI

I actually used to run S&S and don't anymore. All Natural has interior weather noise - it's just not as loud as S&S. Basically the only thing S&S gives you are the lightning strikes. S&S also changes the shock spell effect, but I've gotten used to the original again and don't miss it. I believe the shock effect with S&S was more like ball lightning - it has been a while since I ran it. I tried installing it more recently, but it caused trouble for me so I uninstalled it. Basically I don't think it's 100% compatible with All Natural, but there are a lot of people running the two together, so I'm hesitant to say they are incompatible. I also found the interior sound with S&S too loud.

Not sure of the Enhanced Water mod you're trying to run, but I use this version and it works for both SI and vanilla. Now I don't think I bother making an omod out of it - I believe it's just one file and I just install it manually.

I actually used to run S&S and don't anymore. All Natural has interior weather noise - it's just not as loud as S&S. Basically the only thing S&S gives you are the lightning strikes. S&S also changes the shock spell effect, but I've gotten used to the original again and don't miss it. I believe the shock effect with S&S was more like ball lightning - it has been a while since I ran it. I tried installing it more recently, but it caused trouble for me so I uninstalled it. Basically I don't think it's 100% compatible with All Natural, but there are a lot of people running the two together, so I'm hesitant to say they are incompatible. I also found the interior sound with S&S too loud.

Not sure of the Enhanced Water mod you're trying to run, but I use this version and it works for both SI and vanilla. Now I don't think I bother making an omod out of it - I believe it's just one file and I just install it manually.

That water enhancing mod makes the water too crystal clear.

Oh and yeah, those bloody lightning strikes are insane! I mean, several lighting strikes on market district buildings, practically around 4-6 strikes within the same area, something like 15-30 feet apart? UNrealistic! What are the chances of that?!