Armor Glow Removal?

TrueChaoS

I'm doing a retexture of Jojjo's Silverlight Armor (link), but the armor is just too shiny for the retexture to work properly. Instead of being black and "damaged" looking, the armor appears shiny silver, due to it reflecting too much light. I've tried messing with the meshes in NifSkope, altering the different colour settings as suggested on the wiki, and am wondering if there is a better guide anyone else can post.

Tomorrow, if there are no responses, I'll bump this with two screenshots, one with the light settings at normal, and one with the "Toggle Light Brite" console command used. The second one shows the retex as it is meant to be, without reflecting light, and the first one shows it as it ends up.

Any help would be welcomed. ^-^

Ok, it worked ^-^ Thanks.

I had to alter the normal maps and make the Alpha layer completely black.

....Someone should make an official thread for fixing issues with shinyness. I've seen it come up a lot o-o

Tried. It had little to no effect.

Anyway, altering the normal map by deleting the alpha layer and replacing it with a completely black layer fixed it entirely.

Tried. It had little to no effect.

Anyway, altering the normal map by deleting the alpha layer and replacing it with a completely black layer fixed it entirely.

Warm, warm, almost there.

Never remove/replace the Alpha chanel. It is there on purpose. :tongue:

Edited by jojjo

Just so everyone knows, here's the things I tried:

•  
  • Altering the Ambient, Diffuse, Specular, Emmisive levels.
  • Setting all textures to APPLY_MODULATE
  • Check the names of the materials
  • Altering the Alpha Layer of the textures

The one that had the best effect was the Alpha Layer altering.