Dead Money Steam Issue

theLeeHarvey

Ok, I downloaded Dead Money via Steam this morning and all I got was Dead Money Sounds.BSA. Is that all there is? Shouldn't I have gotten at least an .esm file? The other problem is, I can't figure out how to contact steam and let them know they messed up. I sure don't want to pay again for the DLC.

Seems that sound.bsa is all you get but the DLC runs fine when you enter the game..got the radio message and such... only thing with me is NVSE 1.7doesn't appear to work :)

seems that 99% of all posts about the 1.7b are this problem

and they mysteriously vanish upon re-install of 1.7b

betting its a keyclick issue on the copy.

See, I never received a radio message when I started the game after installing Dead Money, nothing happens at all. I also never had the problem with NVSE.

No to insult anyone's intelligence, but are you sure there is no plugin file in the download? Nothing to activate via FOMM or the default launcher before you can play?

Yeah, I just noticed that too. It's like they are downloading it in increments to us. What the heck are they doing? I really don't like this Steam business. I knew it was just going to be a pain in the butt when I first found out it would be required for New Vegas.

"Oh, but it will be easier to get DLCs and keep the game updated with current patches."

My response?

"Yeah well, it's more of a pain in the a** than it's worth"

Never had a problem with Steam until I tried to buy Dead Money today. I probably have 30 games on Steam, and I like it quite a bit. I usually wait til a game and all its DLC is in a super cheap bundle, which Steam has fairly often.

Can't seem to get Dead Money working no matter what I try. I have the confirmation email, and it shows in the DLC section and all, but I don;t get any radio messages and it does not appear in the Data Files at launch. Someone said on another site it wasn't supposed to be live until midnight, and so it can't be run yet, but other people say they have it working on PC now. Does anyone know what this might be?