Dead Money crash?!?

EViLKeNn

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem as you guys had, but deactivate everything except the NewVegas esm and the Dead Money esm. Even deactivate the other addons you got when pre-ordering, like Caravaners pack and so on.

Just played through it, somewhat fun :-)

I think i figured out the problem, at least in my case. I had the same problem as you ( i think), right after i talked to Elijah and the first hologram popped up my game would crash. I tried disabling ALL my mods and the pre-order pack i have, changed resolution, disabled autosaves... let's just say i tried everything i could possibly imagine. Well, it turns out the character i was using was the problem. I changed to a different character profile and it didn't crash anymore and i've been playing ever since. I'm not sure what the differences between the two characters are but Dead Money *will not* run with my female character. I've noticed that a few mods also do not work the same between profiles as well sometimes, perhaps it's the same issue. Anyway, for anyone crashing right away i suggest using a different character. Hopefully you played more than once, otherwise you'd probably have to start a new game.

At least most of u are getting into the game i'm not evan making it past the first loading screen. I've uninstalled NVSE all my mods and evan Dead Money and i still crash immediatly it has to be bethesdas update because i haven't crashed in over a month. Its kind of ridiculous that a free user mod like Project Neveda can actually make this game run better(for me anyway havent crashed since i installed it) but a professional DLC from the devs that cost my hard earned money can cause such a catstrophic failure. LAME

I believe that the problem of the our crash is a save game corrupted with some mod ... or at some point in the game!! for example I noticed that... I had completed the last mission in Goodsprings (Joe Cobb), and after I did dead money the game crash ... but if I load a save before doing the mission of Goodsprings, dead money not crash... :unsure: but when I do the mission of Goodsprings I have load a mod (Joecobbisfied) and then I saved the game when mission completed... is that perhaps, because this mod when saved corrupts the save file...

I got ctd every 2-3 minutes playing after saving the new ghoul companion(forgot his name) and then talk back with father elijah hologram. Maybe some of the dialogue cast the problem. Removing NVSE doesn't make any change.. Sheeeeesh I hate to start over from a new game for this. Edited by DNA3