Highwaymen: What's going on?

Ferryt

I'm having a bit of a problem understanding something which is probably very basic, but I'm just missing something important. I need to precisely locate each potential Highwayman in the CS. The wiki lists six -- one at Fort Ash, one at the Yellow Road bridge, one at the Red Ring Road bridge, one on the Gold Road near Lord Drad's Estate, one on the Gold Road east of Skingrad, and one on the Red Ring Road near Fort Chalman.

Looking in the CS under Khajiit NPCs (since all Highwaymen are Khajiit), I find five entries. BanditHighwayman01, BanditHighwayman02, BanditHighwayman03, BanditHighwayman04, and BanditRobberTEMPLATE. Each of these is listed (by using right click and selecting "Use Info") for only a single location (FortAshExterior, Wilderness cell {28,-14}, Wilderness cell {14,7}, Wilderness cell {-48,-3}, and Wilderness Cell {29,-1}, in that order, for a total of five, although the first claims a use count of 2. Only one Highwayman appears in the object listing for FortAshExterior, in spite of the claim of two in the Use Count.

Each of these Highwaymen have two Editor IDs, designated LL1BanditHighwayman100 and LL1BanditHighwayman50, with the first one indicating a use count of zero and the second one indicating a use count of two in all five cases.

It's possible I'm just not understanding what's going on, here, but, to me, the numbers are simply not adding up. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Under "Used in these Cells", in the "Cell Editor ID" column you can click there and it will take you directly to the highwayman in question. While I'm confused that the leveled list entries with the suffix "100" aren't used (and the ones ending in 50 are all used twice for a total of ten), I'm more confused by the fact that the wiki insists there are six highwaymen, but the CS actually only shows five. I need to find all six, and this is the only way, short of an intensive search of the locations mentioned in the wiki, of locating them.

ok each highway man is used ONE tieme in the worldspace thats the Guaranteed Highwaymen spawns from the wiki. Then theLL1Bandithighwayman is a creature lvl list, this is what deals with the 2 possible spawn lcoations on the wiki. The level lists is made up on the 4 existing highwayman NPC's so the first use of each is directly added to world space the second use info is for the lvled list 4 NPC's added to the world space+ 2 lvled lists used in the world space= your 6 total highway man.

Sorry, micalov, but I'm not following. The leveled lists aside for the moment, the wiki specifically mentions six different spawn locations. Four of them are 100% chance and two are 50% chance and it describes approximately where they are. I can only find five spawn points in the CS, one for each of the entries in the Object Window under Khajiit NPCs. Bottom Line ... where is the sixth one and how do I find him?

I take it that the five that you can find are also at five of the points you list in the OP. Where exactly does the wiki say the missing one should be?

meh, im crap at explaining stuff :P

Guarenteeed Highwaymen

Chorrol side of Fort Ash on the Black Road.

At the north end of the Yellow Road bridge over Panther River.

On the long Red Ring Road bridge across the Upper Niben at the southeast corner of Lake Rumare.

On the Gold Road north of Anvil at the turnoff for Lord Drad's Estate, next to a stone wall.

These 4 spawn locaions are the "used in cell" part of the highwayman NPC's

Possible Highwaymen

In a rocky defile on the Gold Road east of Skingrad.

At the nameless fort-style tower on the Red Ring Road at the northeast corner of Lake Rumare, just down the hill from Fort Chalman.

These two spawn locations are delt with by LLbandithighwayman50, check CS under leveled Creature list near the top

The LLbandithighwayman50 list contains the highwayman NPC's because it they are the possible NPC's that the lvl list will spawn.

So each NPC is used once in the first 4 locations and the second use is in the lvl list to give them a chance of spawning at the 2 possible spawn locations, so you could get highway man 1 spawn or highwayman2 spawn ect.

Do a use info on the LLbandithighwayman50 to get there exact spawn locations like you did with the NPC's.

Eh ... and to think of all the flack I've gotten for criticizing the Bethesda developers for inconsistency! This is a shining example. Why would I look under Leveled Creatures for an NPC Khajiit, especially when four of what I was looking for are in the expected place? Actually, I know the answer to that, since the two in question ARE leveled creatures and handled like others of that ilk, but why would the devs do this? And what about that "TEMPLATE" version of the Highwayman? That leads directly to a spawn point, too, which would indicate that there are seven, and not just the six, total spawn points. :wallbash: Anyway, thanks for the help. This was driving me batty, especially since I can't continue with a mod I'm working on that deals with the Highwaymen if I couldn't track the curs down.

Striker879, I think micalov solved my problem. I'll track all those down and see if they're actually where the wiki says they are -- the only one I know for certain is in the right place is the first one. I pretty much gave up trying to scroll with my mouse to find a location I recognized in the other places.

The seventh Highwayman, though, still remains a mystery to me.

While I've at least some people's attention, are there any requests? I intend to make all the Highwaymen respawning, named NPCs that have daily routines like other people do, add several others to the world, and improve the dialog and perhaps extend interaction options. I'm open to suggestions as long as they don't get too involved. This is my first attempt at doing anything quite like this with the CS (I consider it a type of learning known as "Baptism in Fire"), so go easy on me.

What ... your going to make it hard for me find 'em?? As it is now that's one of the problems with all the bad guys, I know where they spawn so I'm ready for them. Some randomly roving bandits swooping down with a "Your money or your life" would spark things up. That's why I asked which ones weren't lining up, I was going to wander over that way and see who (if anyone) I could rustle up. The only one off hand that doesn't ring a bell with me is the one near Lord Drad's. I've encountered regular bandits there before but I don't recall any highwaymen. The highwaymen do have a rather boring existence, just standing there waiting for the player (have you ever noticed that an Imperial patrol will go right past one unless you are close enough to trigger the highwayman). At least the bandits, marauders and conjurers have wander packages so you might not find them in exactly the same spot each time. Good luck. You can always get back into the frying pan if it gets too warm in the fire. Edited by Striker879