Changing garment body types within HGEC

Balakirev

For example, let's say I have a purchased set of greaves that are HGEC, S lower. I want to turn it into M lower. Can I do this in the editor, and if so, how would I go about it? Would I need to change the original in the mod it came from? And if so, would it affect all copies, including the one I've already made?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Wouldn't the greaves now be in your savegame, which to my understanding isn't editable. That would mean that you'd need to edit the original, but I'm no expert (just follow a lot of threads trying to learn).

Just open it in CS find the armor and change the mesh from the S to the M version but yes would efect the base item so all would be changed, or you could just create another version, say its called blingarmor, open it in CS change the mesh to the M and then rename the ID to something like blingarmor2 and create a new entry when it asks you after clicking ok.

Just open it in CS find the armor and change the mesh from the S to the M version but yes would efect the base item so all would be changed, or you could just create another version, say its called blingarmor, open it in CS change the mesh to the M and then rename the ID to something like blingarmor2 and create a new entry when it asks you after clicking ok.

Would that be under Items/Armor in the Object Window? Because if I look there at, say, a skirt in a mod that I want to change, there's no option to switch meshes from S to M. I see a world model for females, but its just a link to a mesh, rather than offering me one in a series of options to adjust that mesh to different sizes. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

I've no problem with changing the original and all copies. It's an item I'd buy for my character or a companion, and no one else will be getting it.

Edited by Balakirev

It's the biped model. It selects what mesh that piece of armor will load. There is no size option. Changing the size is done by picking a different mesh for the biped model. Of course, picking a different sized mesh obviously requires someone to have made the mesh in different sizes.

Which is to say, there is no size slider or anything of the sort that you seem to be looking for.

It's the biped model. It selects what mesh that piece of armor will load. There is no size option. Changing the size is done by picking a different mesh for the biped model. Of course, picking a different sized mesh obviously requires someone to have made the mesh in different sizes.

Which is to say, there is no size slider or anything of the sort that you seem to be looking for.

Thanks--I was afraid of that, but hoping (for no good reason) it would be much simpler. Guess I'll just have to learn to live with the slim look. ;)

Anything requiring you to adjust the texture and mesh means you need to be able to play with .dds and .nif files... Photoshop/GIMP with DDS plug-in from nVidia site (just google .dds plugin) and NifSkope are the tools required to do that.

As far as the reference in the list, you would do as stated by the others and make another ref or mod the base. You can probably get away with just scaling the mesh for most items, others you will need to work the texture.

Here is a chart for cup sizes. Use the pre-existing armors to help you guesstimate the cups.

Edit: This chart is also practical and amusing.

Edited by ChaosApostle