Almost done with a new outfit for Fallout 3

Argol

First off, Thanks to LHammonds for helping me get this far. I am a noob at Blender and while I have been following tutorials I barely have the time to be able to burn through them. What I have a mostly finished product. I was trying to make it fit type 3 BERRY but every time I tried I ended up making unwanted bumps or making it to large. However I did get fairly close.

I tried rigging it but I don;t think it worked properly. The source mesh had only a single red spot on its left thigh and my mesh ended up with a green spot on the left foot.

I imported a skeleton and parented the outfit to the skeleton and it is ready Export, I thought I would let people with experience look at it and tell me where I have gone wrong or tell me if it is ready.

** LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN **

Edit: When I tried to eport I got an error message and it highlighted a couple of faces and said they where not assigned to any body parts.

Edited by LHammonds

That means you`l want to select those faces and assign a vertex group.

Just make sure they are in the same group as nearby faces....e.g. - A face not assigned in the leg obvously needs to be assigned with the other leg groups rather than, say on the face.

Any chance of a screenshot? I love seeing WIP.

That means you`l want to select those faces and assign a vertex group.

Just make sure they are in the same group as nearby faces....e.g. - A face not assigned in the leg obvously needs to be assigned with the other leg groups rather than, say on the face.

Any chance of a screenshot? I love seeing WIP.

I am a noob so there are some things that just go right by me >.>

anyway here is what it looks like, If you want I can post up an image of how it compares next to a Type 3 body to show how close I managed to get it.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4502/samusfinal.png

Actually. I may need to fix the breast area.

hmm thats odd,

That outfitt is looking GOOOODDD.

Mind telling me how you made it? Armor is the one thing I really struggle with =[.

I can do static, guns, hell even creatures, but armour is just really......I get so far in and give up aha.

The outfit looks like the metroid suit, not a hge metroid player but I think it looks like that. Keep us posted =D

hmm thats odd,

That outfitt is looking GOOOODDD.

Mind telling me how you made it? Armor is the one thing I really struggle with =[.

I can do static, guns, hell even creatures, but armour is just really......I get so far in and give up aha.

The outfit looks like the metroid suit, not a hge metroid player but I think it looks like that. Keep us posted =D

Sorry to disappoint you but it is not made from scratch, it is a rip from Metroid other M, I am still learning Blender So i thought I would convert this to Fallout 3 so that way I could learn the UI and how to work with existing models before going and creating my own stuff. I do it this way because I am usually busy and don't get a lot of time to faff about. However I may be making a custom gun once I get this outfit sorted out.

If that model is ripped from another game, it really isn't a good idea posting it here. We don't allow distribution of ripped content on the Nexus sites.

I know it sounds like taking a step back or just extra work, but I'd recommend taking a vanilla armor/clothing and getting it to the point where you imported your ripped content...such as not having any weight-painting on it (deleting all vertex groups) and trying to get the process of that armor back into the game. You can get all kinds of help here and even post the file since it is not an issue to distribute FO3 meshes for FO3 mods and so on.

Then take what you've learned and apply it to your ripped model so you can have it for your own personal use without breaking any rules here by distributing that content.

Thanks,

LHammonds

Ok, so I exported the mesh and opened it to see it was black with no texture. On Nifscope it is white. I assume I need to convert the TGA texture to DDS. Is there anything I may be missing?

Also, don't worry, I won't distribute it here. It is more or less for my self. I have requested for this outfit to be made several times on different sites so thought I would do it myself. Once I get this finished and understand the Blender to Fallout Process I will be making my own Custom gun or two.

Great to hear argol.

First you need ot assign the emsha texture, thats why its white.

turning the TGA file intoa dds is also a good idea.

It might be turning white in nifskope due to your folder structure, make sure nifskope is set up propperly =)

I hope you post back your findings.