Almost done with a new outfit for Fallout 3

Argol

Yes, you will need to convert it from TGA to DDS. Make sure the image dimensions is in a power of 2...such as 512x512, 1024x1024, 128x2048, etc.

Paint.NET can open and save to DDS. You probably will want the diffuse texture saved as DDS with DXT1+Mipmaps and the Normal Map will be DXT5+Mipmaps. Don't forget to copy the specular map to the alpha channel of the normal map or it will be very bright.

You also have to have NifSkope setup to see the texture paths and the textures obviously have to be in that path for it to find and apply it to the model.

I typically have 3 paths defined in NifSkope. One to the game's "Data" folder. Another to the folder where I have all the files extracted from the BSA files and another for temporary folder usage in my downloads area (for checking out new files I download...which this path has to be changed each time I extract a new archive into a new sub-folder in my Downloads area)

LHammonds

HAHAHAHAHA! I deserve to be slapped for stupidity. I forgot to move the texture to the right folder. I was assuming that the export would automatically copy/paste the texture with the mesh. Edited by Argol