Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I have a tough one for you and I doubt anyone has it and I chose this not only because I want it but because I am an evil, evil person.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/burningangelic/Oblivion2010-07-1612-01-00-46.jpg

These floating scrolls are animated and can even turn into a sword. All I found out is that they are from a mod called HGEC THarmors. I tink the actual file name is HGEC_BBB_ThArmor_v5_06.7z, but I still come up blank. And somehow connected to another mod called SLSC (SpellLikeSpellCard) and argh. One way street. I got nothing.

Edited by chakaru11

OK, I have a tough one for you and I doubt anyone has it and I chose this not only because I want it but because I am an evil, evil person.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/burningangelic/Oblivion2010-07-1612-01-00-46.jpg

These floating scrolls are animated and can even turn into a sword. All I found out is that they are from a mod called HGEC THarmors. I tink the actual file name is HGEC_BBB_ThArmor_v5_06.7z, but I still come up blank. And somehow connected to another mod called SLSC (SpellLikeSpellCard) and argh. One way street. I got nothing.

I found the mod for the armor. For the scroll, i don't know about the scroll being able to turn into a sword but from what i have it is a equipment that you put on and that scroll appears and floats around you

For the SpellLikeSpellCards all i found out is the name of the file SLSC_Plus_v0_00_01.7z

Edited by mastermadman

The armor ins one of the mage dresses, I know that ^^ And the scroll only looks like a sword if you have no other weapon equipped. Sigh. Usually you at least find a hint where to find it, but I come up with nothing xD *wants*

Yup I found the name of the SpellCard mod too, but this, too, is a dead end.

Edited by chakaru11

http://i272.photobuc...12-01-00-46.jpg

Google "sanka226". It was the first hit when I did that to double-check.

Edited by greenwarden

Does anyone know of any good combat mods that enable dual weapon wielding? (like so your character can wield a second weapon in their off-hand instead of just a shield)

I think Unnecessary Violence was supposed to do this but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I didn't like that mod anyway, way too many bugs, very outdated, and the creator has obviously abandoned it.

This is a very disrespectful and ignorant thing to say about someone's mod, and although I didn't make it, it offends me as a mod author myself.

Too many bugs? Name them from your personal experience. I'd like to know what you've seen in your game so far.

Very outdated?! What the heck are you talking about? It's the latest dual wield mod out there! It's also the most comprehensive with more features available compared to others, and if that means a little bit of a learning curve, so be it. All you have to do is read the readme. Not only does it explain everything in detail, it has a troubleshooting section. Let me guess, you didn't read all of it did you? I'm willing to bet no, since you stated yourself you couldn't figure it out.

Also, you obviously don't know the author. He had worked very hard on UV1 and has been working on a new UV2 version that is nearly completed, which would be why he is not supporting UV1 anymore. But honestly, everything that has a potential problem is in the readme for solutions. There are also patches available for some of the more persistent problems.

That's fine if you don't like a mod, but refrain from stating crap about it that you don't know! It's junk like this that makes mod authors keep things private! :verymad:

Edited by lonewolf_kai

Err... yeah XD And this is exactely the result I got and was talking about when I said "dead end", because that blog is dead as far as I can see and all the possible download links have been removed.

And here I go again and put a foot in my mouth because HERE, on University computers with ridiculous restrictions, the download works. It never did from my computer at home. INSANITY.

Edited by chakaru11

Err... yeah XD And this is exactely the result I got and was talking about when I said "dead end", because that blog is dead as far as I can see and all the possible download links have been removed.

And here I go again and put a foot in my mouth because HERE, on University computers with ridiculous restrictions, the download works. It never did from my computer at home. INSANITY.

I wouldn't have posted what I did if I was uncertain

And you're welcome. . ;)

Thanks again Greenwarden ^^ I think Google translator was the reason it did not work before, since it greyed every possible link out or made them invisible. This blog was the first one I stumbled on on my search and the links I actually COULD click on lead me around in circles. Good times.

Does anyone know of any good combat mods that enable dual weapon wielding? (like so your character can wield a second weapon in their off-hand instead of just a shield)

I think Unnecessary Violence was supposed to do this but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I didn't like that mod anyway, way too many bugs, very outdated, and the creator has obviously abandoned it.

This is a very disrespectful and ignorant thing to say about someone's mod, and although I didn't make it, it offends me as a mod author myself.

Too many bugs? Name them from your personal experience. I'd like to know what you've seen in your game so far.

Very outdated?! What the heck are you talking about? It's the latest dual wield mod out there! It's also the most comprehensive with more features available compared to others, and if that means a little bit of a learning curve, so be it. All you have to do is read the readme. Not only does it explain everything in detail, it has a troubleshooting section. Let me guess, you didn't read all of it did you? I'm willing to bet no, since you stated yourself you couldn't figure it out.

Also, you obviously don't know the author. He had worked very hard on UV1 and has been working on a new UV2 version that is nearly completed, which would be why he is not supporting UV1 anymore. But honestly, everything that has a potential problem is in the readme for solutions. There are also patches available for some of the more persistent problems.

That's fine if you don't like a mod, but refrain from stating crap about it that you don't know! It's junk like this that makes mod authors keep things private! :verymad:

I know what you mean! If I don't like something and want an alternative, I'll just state that I'm aware of that mod already and leave it at that. Being something of a modder myself I know how much time and effort goes into things, and words like that would never even pop into my brain. The nerve of some people. There's been a few people popping in here recently with a bad attitude towards mods, like they're trying to browse for wallpaper! They don't seem to realise that mods aren't made for their personal pleasure. I'm not inclined to help them.