Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Hey guys I'm looking for some really cool custom magic spell mods. Please don't say midas magic because I'm 100% aware of midas magic. I'm looking for some different ones.

Try Supreme Magicka Update

There is also PJsSpellCompendium and Fearsome Magicka

SP is only a modification of the vanilla spells. It doesn't add anything extraordinary except maybe levitate and poison spells

thank you these are very cool!

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that sounded like a smart solution but how would I do that? The only thing that is left visible are some gold and silver rings from the hairpins and they use the same texture as the earrings so I can't set a different path for them. You should have a look and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Tutorials are your friend, for starters, but you clearly haven't looked any up yet so I suppose I'll have to explain it.

Open the texture file in an image editing program that allows you to modify the alpha channel. The Gimp or Photoshop will do.

Figure out which part of the texture is specifically for the earrings. Select that section in its entirety.

Invert your selection so EVERYTHING ELSE is selected.

Go to the alpha channel. Fill the selection with solid black so only the earring section is white.

Save.

Done.

I dislike tutorials because there is a lot of info that you don't need for something so "simple" and sorry if I'm being difficult but it didn't work. I go to the alpha channel, hide all the other channels so I can see it and fill the butterfly with black just to try it out but when I go into the game it's still showing. :ohmy: If I save in explicit alpha it has the original textures and in 1 bit alpha it's black. What did I do wrong? If you don't want to help it's okay.

Mate, it's not that I don't want to help. Unfortunately I can't do much while I'm at work. I can have a look at it for you when I finish, if you'd like.

Are you saving it as DXT3 or DXT5?

Now that sounded like a smart solution but how would I do that? The only thing that is left visible are some gold and silver rings from the hairpins and they use the same texture as the earrings so I can't set a different path for them. You should have a look and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Modifying the texture is the easiest way to remove an unwanted part (take Apachii's Goddess Store, for example) but it'll also decreases the quality of that texture. I always end up with a purplish-green highlight when saving dark textures for the 2nd time. I suggest getting Blender to remove it. I recommend LHammonds' compiled version; no more hassle of looking around.

If blender failed you, I can send you the modified earrings-only version. But it's better if you tried yourself.

Modifying the texture is the easiest way to remove an unwanted part (take Apachii's Goddess Store, for example) but it'll also decreases the quality of that texture. I always end up with a purplish-green highlight when saving dark textures for the 2nd time. I suggest getting Blender to remove it. I recommend LHammonds' compiled version; no more hassle of looking around.

If blender failed you, I can send you the modified earrings-only version. But it's better if you tried yourself.

^ This really would be the better solution. Blender can edit anything that Nifscope can't.

And better it was. I just deleted the things I didn't want in edit mode and problem solved. Fortunately I had already been working a bit with blender so I knew how. The model looks good in-game too, thanks

Hi gang, me again! Would anyone be so kind as to point me in the general direction of this armor, or at least just the mask portion, if it's not included? :D

On a related note, I should seriously stay away from imageshare . . . .

Hi gang, me again! Would anyone be so kind as to point me in the general direction of this armor, or at least just the mask portion, if it's not included? :D

That looks like a white version of the Dark Illusion armor. I'm not really sure where to get that exact version of the armor, but here's a link to the ordinary version if your just interested in the armor's design in general.

here

And why stay away from the Imageshare? You can find some pretty awesome armors and such in those pictures.

Edited by theabyss

That looks like a white version of the Dark Illusion armor. I'm not really sure where to get that exact version of the armor, but here's a link to the ordinary version if your just interested in the armor's design in general.

here

Wow, I'm blind. I've seen dark illusion before, but never noticed that mask in the screenshots. :pinch:

Thanks! (and Kudos!)