Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a little heads up to the people who still think that the hairs by Stephen Kang are illegal to download:

As far as I know he has asked permission for all free hairs he converted - and about the Pay stuff from Peggyzone... Google a site called "paysites must be destroyed". It is a site that offers sims2 and sims3 pay files for free, referring to the "EA TOOLS END USER LICENSE" and "The Sims 3 EULA for retail game". They are both posted there on the site and are an interesting read for those interested.

In short: it does not matter what kind of custom content you create for the Sims 2 and 3, EA holds all rights and it is forbidden to sell custom content for the sims 2 and 3 in exchange for money. Paysites try to work around that by offering special Custom Content for "supporters" or "donators" (in fact that is the only reason why these pay sites are not taken down by EA), but the fact that they sell this stuff remains the same. And this is also the reason why PeggyZone or other paysites for the sims never even attempted to take the "paysites must be destroyed" website down - because their threats hold no legal weight.

Believe me, I have been a modder for the sims2 for YEARS and the only thing Peggy could harrass you for is using her textures, since she created those using third party programms like Photoshop for example. But meshes? You might create those using Milkshape, Blender or other programs, but in the end you always need Sims2 / 3 related tools which are property of EA Games.

Of corse the fact remains that these hairs are ripped content and that you can not offer these for download on the Nexus. But worrying about the fact that they are originally from sims 2/3 paysites? Don't even bother.

Hello i was wondering if you guys can help me out, i had a mod once that was a personal Dungeon that allowed me to transport random npc's to it. it allowed me to lock them up in a cell forever mwua ha ha ha ha ha. Any idea on its location and name, or is there a such a thing any more, its been so long :( .

YAY thanks to the people in chat i have found it, woot.

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7619

Just a little heads up to the people who still think that the hairs by Stephen Kang are illegal to download:

As far as I know he has asked permission for all free hairs he converted - and about the Pay stuff from Peggyzone... Google a site called "paysites must be destroyed". It is a site that offers sims2 and sims3 pay files for free, referring to the "EA TOOLS END USER LICENSE" and "The Sims 3 EULA for retail game". They are both posted there on the site and are an interesting read for those interested.

In short: it does not matter what kind of custom content you create for the Sims 2 and 3, EA holds all rights and it is forbidden to sell custom content for the sims 2 and 3 in exchange for money. Paysites try to work around that by offering special Custom Content for "supporters" or "donators" (in fact that is the only reason why these pay sites are not taken down by EA), but the fact that they sell this stuff remains the same. And this is also the reason why PeggyZone or other paysites for the sims never even attempted to take the "paysites must be destroyed" website down - because their threats hold no legal weight.

Believe me, I have been a modder for the sims2 for YEARS and the only thing Peggy could harrass you for is using her textures, since she created those using third party programms like Photoshop for example. But meshes? You might create those using Milkshape, Blender or other programs, but in the end you always need Sims2 / 3 related tools which are property of EA Games.

Of corse the fact remains that these hairs are ripped content and that you can not offer these for download on the Nexus. But worrying about the fact that they are originally from sims 2/3 paysites? Don't even bother.

I don't know if this is directed at me (since I am the one who posted about it), but just to say that I did not mention the legal declaration is just for the meshes. I know that site you posted, PMBD and downloaded all paid creations from there. I, too, play and mod the Sims 2 even before I got Oblivion. The scary thing is, EA allows these pay stuffs fad to continue, stating that mods produced are properties of creators (I read that somewhere in pmbd sister site) which causes anti-paysites supporters to put up items from the official sims store for free downloads. And I am not an idiot to think that stephenkang in unable to ask for permission to convert free hairs.

big thx to chakaru11 and Eweyr while they explain this stuff. my question in this case is:

Why we need Sim2/3-Hairs in Oblivion? To much static they are and not very natural, not even matching oblivion. A complete tutorial how to generate own hairs, would be nice, especially such hairs which fits perfectly on head_06 (ie. XRC F1 and F3), most of the hairs around here have a large distance between hair and head (dont wanna post some explaining pics, while they are WIPs and unfinished), also they (the meshes) are all single-sided, if you look in the described distance you could look through into whatever is behind the char o.O

in fact searching a mod with hair which fits perfectly (especially on small races) and / or a complete tutorial how to build own hairs from the groundup including scaling+morphs+egm-file-generation/-bulding.

greetz Raoul.

I think that the single-sided meshes could be remedied, only that I don't know yet how. When I first used Blender to edit a saddle, the stirrup is opaque in all angles. But then it turns single-sided, viewable only from underneath.