What Do You think About "Nehrim" ???

muratguler

Hi All

A friend of mine has recently advised me a mod called "Nehrim". It is a mod around 1.6 GB and i want to learn if it is something worth downloading or not. I watched the trailer of the mod and read a few reviews about it and it seems interesting. I also want to learn the ideas of the players who tried this mod.

Thanks

Nehrim is awsome but its not realy a mod, its a total convertion so you cant use your existing charactor, its set in a new world, new land new story ect ect, its basicly what oblivion should have been.

hey, murat!

Nehrim is a really great mod! In fact it's not really a mod, but a total conversion. A completely new world apart from TES to explore with a lovely scenerie and really cool dungeons. As far as I can judge the way Nehrim was designed had a huge impact on other german modders/level designers. I hope you will play it - the dungeon where you start is already absolutely amazing! There are great effects which make you feel, you were right there in the play! I think the most important things are the lovely details you can find everywhere - the way quests are designed is really cool and there are great elements in the story, I would love to talk about, but it would ruin your experience with this great piece of work.

One thing that has been a little problem to some people where lags at some regions, but these have all been fixed with the latest update. At this point I can say, that the Nehrim Launcher or maybe the installer is fantastic. I you'd like to, you can directly download the updates from your launcher and install them! No need to search for it. And - I think there is an english version released already, isn't it? So the only german thing are the voices...but with subtitles you can read along without any trouble, so I say it is definately worth the try!

Edited by Big Little

Nehrim was pretty good, except for Kim. And the intro.

I haaaaaaated Kim. He/She is a ranged spellcaster with a bow that follows you at several points.

Ranged spellcaster with a bow means that:

-He/She does nothing but run if anything gets close

-He/She will always shoot you in the back

-He/She will always hit you with paralysis

Mine got a messed up bow somehow and only ever ran around paralyzing me :|

For the intro you have to turn the difficult slider way down because trolls take forever to kill with a piece of glass tied to a stick. I think just using your fists might be faster ._.;

At the beginning it makes me fall down a hole and I can't figure out how to get out.

LOL... I finally figured it out and made it to the outside world. It looks really cool and very well done so far.

You could've used 'tcl'...

You could've used 'tcl'...

The quest apparently is triggered by the player equipping a torch. I felt silly after I figured it out since the game gives you a message telling you to do just that. I could've TCL-ed my way to the exit, but all the quests would likely have been borked.

If you want to switch between Nehrim and Oblivion, take a look at mTES4 - a teeny biy buggy but VERY useful.

I love the feel of Nehrim, and many of the texture overhauls for Oblivion worked with it so the graphics start out at QTP3 level. The quests make you THINK unlike Oblivion in many cases.

Edited by MarkInMKUK