Opening Elsweyr and Valenwood

Moarp

FIRST OF ALL: I have no idea if a mod of this nature has been made, and I know that when you travel into Elsweyr and Valenwood with borders off, it's all blank land. I THINK that if you were to open Elsweyr, then it would give Oblivion players something to do in the wait for Skryim. I figure you could take on this mod in little bits -- first open up Elsweyr, then Valenwood, Black Marsh, Morrowind, Hammerfell, High Rock, and then Summerset Isle, but NOT Skyrim (you can wait for that!). By the time Summerset Isle is completed, Skyrim will be out (if all goes well and according to schedule). Another way to take this on is to have different groups working on it at a time -- one group works on Elsweyr, another works on Morrowind, etc.

Just thought it'd be fun! You could get all your info from UESP and make believable quests based on the history and society of the different countries.

PLEASE COMMENT

Moarp, you're talking about a massive undertaking, even with the little bits which have already been independently completed -- not months to complete, but years, even with entire teams of modders. Much of what would be needed would have to be constructed from the ground up. Telyn mentioned such a project and the designers, there, ran into legal problems because they were trying to import content from Morrowind into Oblivion -- a very serious legal no-no. That would mean creating new meshes and new textures to support objects that exist in those regions of Tamriel, but don't exist in Cyrodiil, even if all the work has already been done by Bethesda and released in a related game.

I'd love to see a single game with all of Tamriel in it, and everything running under the same gamesystem and with a consistent lore, but I really doubt it's ever going to happen. Think of how long it's taken Bethesda to get Skyrim ready for release, and that's a team of professional game designers working eight to five for five days a week.

I think we would all love to see the map full someday with all the areas incorporated. Not sure my computer could handle it though.

The Morroblivion project apparently no longer uses any Morrowind meshes and the original team leader is not active in it anymore. It seems to be making some headway but I haven't tried it myself and probably won't. You are 100% correct, what they were originally doing broke the law, and honestly, Bethesda couldn't just ignore it because legally if they had, they could have lost some of their own legal rights. Disney doesn't like sueing church groups, and TV shows do not enjoy sending cease and desists to their top fansites but sometimes they have no choice,

It's possible that when the series finally ends they will do a combination with all areas from previous games integrated and updated to a standard that isn't even possible today. That would take a very long time to do, and I don't think the series is going to end any time soon.

You can get Elsweyr the deserts of Anequina here: http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=36303

Is that the same as Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina?

I believe the one that mccrab linked to replaces the one you linked to. I'm not the uploader though, so you'd have to ask him/her to be for certain. I can tell you though that the one mccrab linked to is the most up to date version as of a month ago, and from my understanding, the mod will no longer be updated.

Edited by lonewolf_kai