Broken Quest? Sheogorath's Daedric Artifact

Garak84

I was doing the quest from the Sheogorath shrine to get his artifact (from vanilla Oblivion, not Shivering Isles), and it was going fine until the part where you summon the rats and then talk to Ri'bassa to see if he thinks they're part of this prophecy. He seems to be acting normally, but my quest won't update to show that he bought it, and give me the next part. Is there a console command I can use to force the quest to the next stage?

for the stages of the quest, look at the bottom of this page (also has a complete description of the quest)

look at the last line of the page for the console command you need to use, if you plan on advancing the quest manually

i would recommend, however, that you load the previous save, and try it again, and see if it works or not

the page i gave you has all the information about the quest, so follow it, and see if there really is a problem or not

for the stages of the quest, look at the bottom of this page (also has a complete description of the quest)

look at the last line of the page for the console command you need to use, if you plan on advancing the quest manually

i would recommend, however, that you load the previous save, and try it again, and see if it works or not

the page i gave you has all the information about the quest, so follow it, and see if there really is a problem or not

I've reloaded several times already without success. Thanks for the link, though. :)

An obvious double-check - but you HAV got the unofficial patch and unofficial patch supplemental installed? They include a fair number of bug fixes and MAY help (or may not - I haven't digested the entire readmes)

The UESP Wiki article on the quest doesn't mention any UOP fixes, and they're usually pretty good at pointing those out. I think an earlier save is the only fix outside the console.

If you have received the quest journal update for stage 47 but not stage 50 (see the wiki descriptions), then in the console 'sqt' enter to find the current quest stage and quest ID (in this case it should be 47 for stage as you don't have the next journal entry). In the console 'setstage <questID> 50' to advance the quest, where <questID> is the questID show by the 'sqt' command previously. If your current stage is different consult the wiki article for the correct number of your next stage.

I had trouble with this quest myself, the sheep were my problem. At first I thought they weren't hungry. Then I got their 'medicine' in the right spot and they did what was expected of them. Bring your heavy duty umbrella. :biggrin:

Edited by Striker879