Stuck in Combat Mode

DwainDibley

I'm having a problem with my characters getting stuck in combat mode, is there an easy way to getting them unstuck so they can carry on? Or, am I stuck restarting from last save (several times) until it goes through without getting stuck?

It gets frustrating......

Thanks.

Umm, if you are getting stuck in the Arl of Denerim's estate, maybe the traditional "kill 'em all"? There used to be a way to sneak past the guards once Anora joins you, but in 1.05, it didn't work if you used the disguises and only fought back in the dungeons. Outside this location, I'd say it is a matter of smuggling at least one character out of the combat zone, preferably somewhere where a natural location transition occurs. It should teleport the entire party.

Or - while I have never done that - check if using Inodil's Pocket Plane (a great mod with lots of storage chests you can access without the map) takes the mode away.

Actually, I'm playing a finished game. I reactivated all the locations on the map, including some places I never visited in the game, and am in the process of revisiting them all. The stuck in combat mode is occurring in Lothering, fighting all the reanimated bandits. I forgot about Inodil's Pocket Plane, I uninstalled it because it interfered with DA2. I suppose I can put it back and try it. Thanks. My DAO is so thoroughly hacked up, I'm amazed it still works....