Building new Computers for the 2011 Mark!

HellsMaster

@Stardusk:

Yes i am young, 17.

And no i am not wealthy. I am selling my computer to my brother for £150 and selling my Xbox 360 and its games plus DAO(PC) and Bioshock 2(PC) for £120. Thats 150+ 120= 270. Thats my whole setup. And the G.Card is money i saved from last year.

And my brother is buying my computer next week hopefully.

Or, you know, just follow the flawless logical increments guide.

Newegg is cheaper than microcenter with the exception of intel CPUs. USA only though.

Don't cheap out on the PSU, get corsair or antec. 750w is also overkill, go 650w.

Have that CPU, it's great but I'd recommended a sandybridge as it's getting dated. Throw in a $30 aftermarket cooler as well as not overclocking would be silly.

And replace the ricer case with a coolermaster.

'And replace the ricer case with a coolermaster. '

Or a thermaltake. Thermaltake make GREAT cases.

EDIT: Thinking of beefing up my current system, as the graphics card and PSU aren't actually so bad. My thoughts are:

Processor: Core i5 661 @ 3.3ghz (will be overclocked, of course) $230

Motherboard: EVGA H55v. (Question: Will that fit in a half tower case? Does anyone know? ) $110

TOTAL: $340

Now, I am mostly open to suggestions, but make sure they stay close to that amount.

Edited by CommanderCrazy

I have a planned build similar to what I've posted at this thread:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/306923-please-help-a-total-noob-build-a-great-gaming-rig/page__view__findpost__p__2807577

Main difference is I have a Radeon HD 6870(minimum) for a GPU, a i5-2500K for the CPU, 8GB of Ram with Win7 Professional, and a 100-120GB SSD boot drive. Only problem right now is that I am currently unemployed, but time is on my side(pun may be intended) and the next game I plan to get for the PC is Skyrim or Mass Effect 3.

Edited by Vecna6667

If you haven't noticed i used £ meaning i live in the "UK" meaning i can't buy from newegg or whatever.

Also my budget is limited so i can't really buy the best of the best.

Hell i would love having a SandyBridge, a 2xGTX 580 and 16gb DDR3 1800mhz. I aint that rich.

I forgot, as i am selling my computer to my brother there are few things that i need more that ill buy later on:

Disk Drive:

Samsung 12x Blu-Ray Reader & DVD Writer Combo Drive Retail

Projected Cost: £50.00

Information: http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/49060/Samsung-12x-Blu-Ray-Reader---DVD-Writer-Combo

http://images.microdirect.co.uk/normal/opticaldrives/writers/s031824_1.jpg

Wireless:

TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter

Projected Cost: £16.50

Information: http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/50188/TP-Link-300Mbps-Wireless-N-PCI-Adapter

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/images/icecat/low/50188.jpg

A Optional Total of £66.50

Unfortunatly its either wireless or nought. My brother will have the cable in his desktop with the wireless in his room for his Ipad and Laptop, i am lucky i will even have internet!

And Vecna667, you must have big bucks to spend that much on SSDs, a i5 2500k and a HD 6870. There is no freakin way i can buy a computer that expensive.

There is this mobo designed for multiple GTX 560. you can have 5 of them in your desktop. I WISH i had it. I WISH i had this i5. But i am a realist. I am happy i am getting an AM3 Phenom 2 x4.

I am unfortunatly not from a rich family and i can't ask my mother or father to spend 4 grand in a PC or in 40 inch screen or in a Projector or in an insurance. Some people got luck, some dont.

Unfortunatly its either wireless or nought. My brother will have the cable in his desktop with the wireless in his room for his Ipad and Laptop, i am lucky i will even have internet!

And Vecna667, you must have big bucks to spend that much on SSDs, a i5 2500k and a HD 6870. There is no freakin way i can buy a computer that expensive.

There is this mobo designed for multiple GTX 560. you can have 5 of them in your desktop. I WISH i had it. I WISH i had this i5. But i am a realist. I am happy i am getting an AM3 Phenom 2 x4.

I am unfortunatly not from a rich family and i can't ask my mother or father to spend 4 grand in a PC or in 40 inch screen or in a Projector or in an insurance. Some people got luck, some dont.

I only said that this is a planned build, it wont mean anything if I don't rejoin the ranks of employment anytime soon. As for the SSD, I could still go with Hybrid Drive instead. After all I did say I still have time and even if I can't get this computer in time, I still have my Asus G72GX laptop with its newly acquired (thank you tax return) OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD.

Also, the build that I mentioned in the other thread costs around $956 and replacing the i3 with the i5 as well as the HD 6850 with the HD 6870 would only put the cost up to $1200 at the most. An SSD(well the one I got for my laptop) would push the cost to $1600-$1700 and for a gaming rig, that is still considered to be a budget to midrange PC. Still, I have to get back into the work force first.

Edited by Vecna6667