Ugh

Astymma

chunk Chunk CHUNK weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thwok Thwok THWOK rattle rattle rattle

THAT is the sound a 1TB HDD makes when it suffers from catastrophic failure... you know... the drive I had Oblivion on... and Fallout3 on... and Fallout:NV on... and DA:O on... and all my saved mods and everything else.

Sigh, looks like I'll be upping all you modder's download counts soon and staring at progress bars for a few weeks...

One of the platters literally shattered inside the drive... go me ;)

Edited by Astymma

Ahhh ... the joys of 'no backup'. When you're getting a replacement consider an extra HD if you have the spare SATA channel (and cash of course). Download to the extra HD and you'll save bandwidth next time you get the 'sound-effects' (did it really sound like that ... I've never experienced that 'joy' ... touch wood).

Ahhh ... the joys of 'no backup'. When you're getting a replacement consider an extra HD if you have the spare SATA channel (and cash of course). Download to the extra HD and you'll save bandwidth next time you get the 'sound-effects' (did it really sound like that ... I've never experienced that 'joy' ... touch wood).

Oh I already have a new 1TB drive and an external 2tb drive on the way, you know...my backup solution. It would appear it will arrive just a few days too late. Now I have to search my past for whatever I did to deserve such karma with such impeccable timing...