Does anyone still play Oblivion and morrowind?

ripsaw117

you can't be serious :biggrin:

i don't know about Morrowind, but mods come out for Oblivion on a daily basis

that itself should be proof enough that people still play it

but i can definitely say that there are plenty of people who still play these games

i can't include myself amongst these people, at least not now, but i did play Oblivion not too long ago

to sum it up, at least Oblivion is a game that lives quite well now, and may live quite long

and people will still play Oblivion up until it's very end (which i don't expect to be any time soon)

How many threads have come along like this...? I tend to lose count. Standard reply:

If nobody played either game, then both TES Nexus and PlanetElderScrolls wouldn't exist as they do, with dozens of new mod files and hundreds of edited ones each week, for one game or the other. And the Bethsoft forums would be silent, instead of extremely active.

I mean after skyrim

It's not out yet, so who can tell? But if you'll look at the very flourishing Morrowind community on Bethsoft's board, and the more than a dozen new Morrowind mods that show up every week on PlanetElderScrolls, I'd say a lot of people play that game despite Oblivion being out. And many people play both despite Fallout 3 being out.

As to Skyrim--feh. It may run on my machine, it may not. It may be good, it may not. In many ways, I felt Oblivion was a step back from Morrowind in terms of interesting gameplay, and the improvements that made it interesting only came with mods. So I'll watch Skyrim's forums for about 6 months to a year after it comes out to see what it's like, and cheerfully ignore all the fanboy reviews by people who need to change their shorts after playing it for an hour.

Edited by Balakirev

Yeah what a ridiculous question in the first place. Is life so boring one has to ask and not even think before asking?

Yes, it is that boring lol.

I know that I'll still be playing Oblivion long after Skyrim is released. Heck, just the other day I was playing some Super Mario 64. New games being released doesn't suddenly make old titles not good anymore. Also, not all gamers like change, and more than a few people stick with older games because it's something they're used to and fond of. I'm certain that Oblivion still has a long life ahead of it.