Is the lagg the computer or the game?

ValiantTheBrave

You don't change the FPS, the game will run at the highest FPS it can attain based on your computer and what mods you have. There are mods that make changes that can possibly allow your computer to attain a higher FPS, and there are other mods that lower the FPS (By locking it at a lower) value to make things run smoother.

The base design was for 30FPS but I have seen people claim 60 or even a little more in certain areas. However, allowing the fps to shoot way up then having something in the game pull it back down will make it seem jerky even if you are consistently over 30fps.

There is one mod that can help with fps quite a bit, but at the cost of reducing visual effects on the fly to keep fps up. Streamline - here http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400

Be sure to read the documentation - its a small book, but important if you want it to work right.

You don't change the FPS, the game will run at the highest FPS it can attain based on your computer and what mods you have. There are mods that make changes that can possibly allow your computer to attain a higher FPS, and there are other mods that lower the FPS (By locking it at a lower) value to make things run smoother.

The base design was for 30FPS but I have seen people claim 60 or even a little more in certain areas. However, allowing the fps to shoot way up then having something in the game pull it back down will make it seem jerky even if you are consistently over 30fps.

There is one mod that can help with fps quite a bit, but at the cost of reducing visual effects on the fly to keep fps up. Streamline - here http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400

Be sure to read the documentation - its a small book, but important if you want it to work right.

So would you recommend that for speeding up the game?

Streamline does not actually speed up the game. it makes changes to the video effects to allow the game to run a little faster. However it will cost you any visual enhancements, it will reduce vision distance and LOD to nearly nothing to try to maintain the fps you specify. You will be walking along and nearly run into a building before you see it. Invisible bandits will be firing arrows at you, the first you see of a bandit he is right in front of you already taking a whack. The grass looks like it has just been mowed. Then when you stop, you can gradually see further, grass miraculously grows, trees apear etc because less strain on the system allows a little more fps without limiting video effects.

Don't even think about running streamline with any texture enhancer mods.

I dunno what yours is set at, but my streamline is working great. It just measures the FPS then adjusts the settings within the ranges you specify based on the FPS range you give it.

In other words, if it sees your FPS is dropping to the lower end of the range, it will lower the settings to help it along. Since you're already getting 40+ FPS with everything maxed there's not much it can do to help you.

What really boosted FPS for me was Pyffi. Using it to optimize some of the meshes (the character ones in particular) brought my FPS in Kvatch from <12 to 25-30+. It also fixed the messed up blood decals I was getting on characters.