texture problem w/custom race

bloojax

I installed a custom race that's 2 years old, so I doubt the creator is still active with it. In game, the skin texture of my guy looks funky:

front

back

I use robert's male v5.

Is there a way to use the Constructor Set to fix the texture problem? I.e. make guru.esp use a custom texture instead of its own default?

So, uh.

He's having issues with the texture on his guy not fitting the roberts male mesh.

Why are you throwing HGEC stuff at him?

It's not going to do anything to fix the problem and will create more problems if he isn't using HGEC.

The race mod doesn't use any new character textures. It's probably just using the Imperial texture.

Just load up the CS and check that the race has all the textures assigned in the same way that roberts male assigns them.

Also, the two .bsa files in the mod contain the same files as in the meshes and textures folders and are useless because they're not even being activated anyways.

Edited by whalecakes

Not sure whether your problem got resolved or not, but Telyn posted an excellent troubleshooting guide on this thread:

Ok, I don't use Better Bodies but in general when textures end up in the wrong places on the body there is a conflict between the body mesh you are using and the clothing. Other things that can happen include limbs looking purple or black or people's skin looking like patchwork or iburned or scarred in places. First thing to do is undress the character and check if the body texture is mapping right without the clothing. If it is, you probably have downloaded some incompatible clothing or you have two versions of the same clothing item and one of them overwrote the other one. Did you download any new mods which might reasonably be changing the male lowerclass pants?

Questions to ask yourself:

1. Are the skin textures I am using compatible with the body types I am using for male and female? If the skin doesn't say what types of bodies it works with it may or may not map correctly. I see that in the description of Better Bodies it says the file does not contain high res textures for the skin. You have to download those seperately. If you you did that, you might have either downloaded the wrong skin "size" or you might need to run another bsa redirect.

2. Are the clothing and armor sets matching with the body shape this character has? There are some sets on here called "stock." Stock armor and clothing replaces the vanilla clothing with equivalents that fit your custom body. These sets are available for several of the Robert body sizes. Make sure if you are using muscular you use the muscular set, etc.

If the problem only happens when the character has clothes on, try using a stock armor set. If it also happens when the character has no clothes, try bsa redirect first, and then if it is still happening, try downloading a skin intended for that particular body shape or reinstall the ones that came with Better Bodies and then do .bsa redirect.

If none of the above helps, I'd suggest you contact the author for help. I'm just not familiar with that specific mod and what it may conflict with. You may need to use Wrye Bash to combine some things. The author would know better than I do.

Slof's clothing unless otherwise stated uses the Robert Male body *and* the Robert Female body if females can wear it. I'm not sure but I think if you have a different female body installed instead of Robert it could cause some texture problems with some of her mods. I believe some mods for females use the male foot.nif.

The problem is that your Race mod is probably using UpperBodyMale.dds, LegMale.dds, etc... while Roberts uses footmale.dds for the entire body except for the hands. Load the mod in CS, go to Character > Race, and click the race in question, then the Body Data tab. If it says UpperBodyMale.dds, LegMale.dds, etc, change Upper Body, Lower Body, and Foot to Characters\Imperial\Male\footmale.dds.

-Grax