ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

My skyrim is stuck in an infinite loading screen when i try to to a new game

GRAV3lord528

I had another save originally, with mods from steam... I deleted some of those mods without realizing it... :D ... But I didn't know what the mods were that I deleted. I had downloaded some more mods from steam but the game kept crashing... so I figured it was the 40-some mods that were trying to be used. So I tried starting it up with no mods or DLC's and it started fine. But I wanted to still play the mods so I got the Nexus Mod Manager, thinking it would be a solution to my problem. But I downloaded a couple of mods from the Nexus. I loaded it up, then I started a new game because my last save was most likely corrupted by the missing mods........ But every time I tried it went into an Infinite loading screen. :dry: :dry: :dry: :dry:

I had another save originally, with mods from steam... I deleted some of those mods without realizing it... :D ... But I didn't know what the mods were that I deleted. I had downloaded some more mods from steam but the game kept crashing... so I figured it was the 40-some mods that were trying to be used. So I tried starting it up with no mods or DLC's and it started fine. But I wanted to still play the mods so I got the Nexus Mod Manager, thinking it would be a solution to my problem. But I downloaded a couple of mods from the Nexus. I loaded it up, then I started a new game because my last save was most likely corrupted by the missing mods........ But every time I tried it went into an Infinite loading screen. :dry: :dry: :dry: :dry:

Please Help

There is a start in between the two to's for the discussion

At first check the compatibilities or incompatibilities of the mods you have installed. Second run LOOT to get the plugins into order. Wen the mods are not incompatible with each oter and the loadorder is right and your machine is good enough for all the mods then it should work.

In the future you might want to keep a list of your mods AND the associated patches or other mods they require in a text file on your drive in case you run into a similar problem.

While load order and mod conflicts do play a part in stability, in all honesty it sounds like your saves are most likely corrupted due to all the mod uninstalling, installing and so on. There is a somewhat complex tool that can be used to "clean" saves, but since you aren't sure about the mods you've reinstalled associated with the earlier saves it may be far more trouble than it's worth. Starting a new game would probably be your best bet. Once saves are corrupted, they can never really be completely cleaned and you'll probably run into issues later on even if you do get it running again.

Before starting a new game, make sure all your mods are up to date and have the required files. Download and run Loot as the previous poster suggested. There is a function that allows you to drop your load order list to the clipboard so you can paste it wherever. If you add or remove mods, run Loot again and use the same copy function after you apply the sort order to your mods. Here's a link to the Loot download, make sure to read the instructions! https://loot.github.io/