New Modder Scripting Question

KaelVirum

Hey everyone, I've recently gotten into modding Skyrim, obviously else I wouldn't be here, and I'm working on something that I think will be pretty interesting. However, I haven't figured out a key part of making the whole idea work. Here's the thing:

I'm creating a smaller creature, a human-shaped creature that is about the height of a normal human's knee. I already know how to keep the new creatures from increasing in size when they sandbox my problem is that in order to keep them from using things that are too big for them as if there is no problem it seems to me that I would need to create a keyword to attach to all sandbox items that restricts them from using the normal ones placed around the world. And in order to have Skyrim know what that keyword actually means I need to know scripting. My question, therefore, is how would I create a script, hopefully a simple one that wouldn't clash with anything, to tell the game what my keyword means? Thanks for any help you are able to give in this regard.