shouting

TheCalliton

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are going with the trendy 300 shout thing that has been so big lately... Not impressed.

What do you mean? Nordic Shouts have been in lore since Arena.

Regardless to being in the lore, how they are presented is a matter of interpretation. The current interpretation is very 300-Beowulf-I'mSoMachoAngryMan yell. Something deeper, more chanty would have been less trendy, like in the 13th warrior.

You use the R3 button on the PS3 according to the Official French Playstation Magazine for the Dragon Shout. Which means Right Stick for the 360 but I'm not sure on the PC. Which in my opinion that button for the Dragon Shout should be traded for a climb button or something cool like that. But then again they stated that if you don't play the stakes right with the Dragon it can kill you easily. So if Dragon Shouts help drastically then I'll accept the button just for it. But if it isn't needed as much because the creatures in the game are too easy I'll pass. But I guess that is what the difficulty bar is for which they are putting in again.

What is he actually shouting? Sounds like Os-ka-ta to me.

I think it's the Fus-Roh-Dah shockwave that was mentioned in the GI article.

Looks like they are going with the trendy 300 shout thing that has been so big lately... Not impressed.

Unimpressed? THIS. IS. SKYRIM we're talking about here. XD

Edited by wolfhowl88

Unimpressed? THIS. IS. SKYRIM we're talking about here. XD

Lol exactly... now I'm just waiting for some big Nord to bust through a wall and yell, I'm the Dovakin B****!!!! I hate it when media hops on the trendy band wagon. Bethesda doesn't need to stoop to that level to make money.

To use the words of Lucius Lachance; Bethesda should not spread trends, it creates them.

That's what I heard from other people 2, but I didn't see this in my GI edition. :wacko:

But..but... elder scrolls lore contained stories of the great nord mages being able to use shouts as magic long before 300 came along... :confused:

Aaanywho, I think shouts will be something I covet and use sparingly to begin with, but once I get used to the novelty I'm just going to walk up to random deer in the forest and shout them into oblivion :biggrin:

But..but... elder scrolls lore contained stories of the great nord mages being able to use shouts as magic long before 300 came along... :confused:

Aaanywho, I think shouts will be something I covet and use sparingly to begin with, but once I get used to the novelty I'm just going to walk up to random deer in the forest and shout them into oblivion :biggrin:

Or the adoring fan, should another one be created. :devil: