Installing Problem

pussyranger

alright now im at home and tried out with the phrase was lacking in the .reg thought it still was saying the game must first be deleted, i was able to install SI thorugh .exe without autorun sadly same doenst work out for KOTN i try out bben metod

mate i read your post about trying to clean up registry. i didnt do that. the PC is not even 2 months old. there is not really mutch to defrag or clean up i think..

as i mentionted i found another post here on forums which advised me to use regseek and ccclenaer to find anything related to oblivion / KOTN / knights / TES / SI / schivering key words and deleted those coldblooded from registry. dunno if it was the right choice. well as i sayd before hikaris removedlc.reg helped but i still cant get Kotn to uninstall itself so i can restall it. it still pops up no matter how mutch i spam "uninstall button"

my noobidity knows no ending for my uberness is superb.

i actualy managed to salvage 1 file of what i deleted per right mouse click from the registry or some of those files i dunno appcombat had it. like managed to delete it. and even if it still says i still have it on my pc it actualy installed both. the kotn and SI expansions me<<<< happy face <3

ty guys for help anyways :)

Two questions ... 1) Did you remember to delete the DLCList.txt file that Hickory mentioned in post #5 (thought that may have got lost in the .reg problem shuffle we had going there)?

2) Did you try the safe mode re-install/uninstall method mentioned in the Unofficial Technical FAQ that you posted in post #19? Here's a quote of the part I'm refering to:

Tig here again...If for some odd reason this still doesn't work, then you can try a method I used to resort to:

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way that I used to get around it was to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. IIRC it asks you if you want to reinstall the game...so go ahead and reinstall it. Then after it's done, click on the Oblivion icon again and try the uninstall option and see if it works. Strange and tedious process, but it used to work for me every time.

How to get into Safe Mode? Most surefire way: Start - Run (if Vista, use the Search box) - type msconfig - hit Enter - click on the BOOT.INI tab - check the box for /SAFEBOOT - restart.

To get back into Normal Boot, just go through the msconfig again and in the first window that pops up, just check "Normal Startup" and restart again.

What they're talking about there is a complete Oblivion uninstall, but you may need to go there if you want the KotN problem resolved (or play all the rest of the game and pretend that the KotN doesn't exist ... an option :biggrin: )

nope and nope :)

as long as everything works smooth im happy :)

i quited modding up my oblivion after i lost all my mods due virus few years ago :((

skyrim kinda awakened the need for oblivion again ^^

anyways there are a lot of new tools and mods which are pretty complicated to install for me :*(

for example i got this "Tamriel NPCs revamped" mod which requires wrye bash, but wrye bash is not mutch different as obmm which is a lot easyer to use in my eyes

(i cant even install wrye with the "uber easymode" installer)

obmm for example seems to be able to load TNR even if it states it requries wrye

DO I HAVE TO chose between obmm or wrye or ist it kinda of no matter ?

would appreciate moar informationz

Hickory would be your best source for the WryeBash vs OBMM question. My limited understanding is that for modest sized mod load lists, that do not have mods that conflict with one another OBMM will be fine. I've a dozen or so mods on my list (counting my own 'home-rolled' efforts) and so far haven't needed anything to reorder the list. I'll need to cross that bridge some day I'm sure.

The reason for cleaning the registry is to remove those entries placed by the game during your failed install attempt. They are what block a new install. Cleaning the registry without uninstalling will not work. if you don't follow the instruction on that part exactly, it will not work. The cleaning MUST be done in this order or it will not work. If you leave out any steps it will not work.

1. Uninstall game - if the game has already been removed, then remove the game folders

2. Reboot the computer

3. Run a registry cleaner - ccleaner or another one that you prefer. - I personally recomend ccleaner.

4. Reboot again

5. Reinstall in the new location recomended.

Removing the registry entries manually using regedit will work. But if you don't know what you are doing you can cause more problems than you fix. Ccleaner removes them safely.

alright for now installation problem is solved. so modding - - -

im not using any overhaul (i dislike those ) and i dont use 120 of some cheap armor sets and another 50000 weapons. those are useless. all i want is my oblivion to look like far cry. and better surrounding and grafiks. + gameplay changes.

im paying a big deal of attention to mods having conflicts. trying to avoid it at all cost. obmm is just uber simple to use for person like meh :)

but it each mod im installing right now works as fine with obmm ( -- as it would do with wrye ---- ??? )

Glad your problems are resolved. If you were asking for advice on mods for improving graphics and gameplay you might get more response if you post a new thread in Oblivion Discussion or Oblivion Mod Talk.