Really Berserk

sah527

I am having a problem which occurs with all the characters I play and even with new characters in the tutorial. The character will draw its weapon and continue to flail around until totally fatigued at which point it will respond to the keyboard command "f" to holster the weapon. If it is a bow, the character will without a command draw the bow and start shooting arrows. I am running on Windows 7,but didn't happen on XP. When it happened with my first install on Windows 7, I completely reloaded the system. When Oblivion was completely vanilla, it didn't happen, but after loading even the basic dlc add-ons and patches, it reoccurred.

Any ideas?

First, It's not Win7 many others are playing the game using Win7 without this problem.

I would think you have some kind of control problem - are you using keyboard & mouse or other controller? Have you redefined any keys - either in or out of the game?

I am having a problem which occurs with all the characters I play and even with new characters in the tutorial. The character will draw its weapon and continue to flail around until totally fatigued at which point it will respond to the keyboard command "f" to holster the weapon. If it is a bow, the character will without a command draw the bow and start shooting arrows. I am running on Windows 7,but didn't happen on XP. When it happened with my first install on Windows 7, I completely reloaded the system. When Oblivion was completely vanilla, it didn't happen, but after loading even the basic dlc add-ons and patches, it reoccurred.

Any ideas?

I am using keyboard and mouse on a an ASUS laptop. I am using a Logitech mouse, although I have tried several different mice both Logitecxh and Microsoft, with defined and undefined keys. I am imnclined to agree that it is a control problem but I haven't been able toisolate it.

Thanks.

Try resetting to defaults in the Options - Gameplay menu (the game menu, where you would load a save game, not the launcher menu).