Checking what mods i used?

shinobi2204

just wondering, i havent played Oblivion for quite a while and although i have a save file on a disc somewhere i cant remember what mods i used, so is there anyway to tell what i had from just the savefile? or will the game tell me what im missing when i load a modded save like it does in DAO? Edited by shinobi2204

If you used OBMM, it will tell you every mod you had in your data folder, when you made that save.

Open OBMM, on right side click on Utilities, then Save manager to get to the saves. If your mods are alreadt installed , select the save you want to start with, look at the bottom of the page and click on 'sync active plug ins' and it will attempt to reset load order and activate the mods that were active when the save was made.

If you used OBMM, it will tell you every mod you had in your data folder, when you made that save.

Open OBMM, on right side click on Utilities, then Save manager to get to the saves. If your mods are alreadt installed , select the save you want to start with, look at the bottom of the page and click on 'sync active plug ins' and it will attempt to reset load order and activate the mods that were active when the save was made.

hmm, dont think i did, only had a few mods, ive gotten a new PC since i last played so all the info i have is on the save file.

Maybe i should just start fresh with new mods

Right-click your saved game (.ess file) and select Open With > Wordpad (probably too large for Notepad). Then search for "esm". Press F3 to keep searching until you find the list of your mods. The majority of the file will be unreadable, but the mod list will be in normal text format.

-Grax

Make sure you don't have a tick in the 'Always Use This Program' box. A safer bet is open Wordpad from the Start menu and then use File - Open to open your save. You'll need to select 'All Files' from the drop down for file types at the bottom to see your save. Nice tip Graxster ... I've added it to my bag o tricks (if you don't mind). :thumbsup: