Dragon Species in Skyrim

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe yes GenocideLolita but then again why dont make something more out of that then the typical *ahh evil dragon...bash bash...i got povah ...yeah!*

It does not have to be companion like i said but why dont make more out of it...surely these dragons are dangerous but i hope there will be more depth to them then just cutting and slashing in the typical human behaviour.

Except Harry Potter dragons aren't sentient.

Also, I think different colors of dragons would be nice, so long as they aren't a rainbow or anything. :P

I dunno, I think there might be a few dragons that we could interact with. Todd Howard hinted at that during this one interview.

But me, I'm a dragon fanatic. I've always wanted to have a character that can become a dragon...

That be pretty bad-ass if we could somehow become a dragon with an obscenely high-powered 'shout'...

The second modding capabilites for Skyrim are released, I'm gonna try and make me a dragon transformation spell...

If I'm not mistaken some of the dragons will actually speak. I don't remember if it was in the info thread here or some other article about skyrim I read, but I remember reading that dragons could talk but in their ancient dragon language (or something like that) and therefore not being able to understand them, while there are a select few that can speak english (or what ever language version of the game you have). I'm not 100% sure on this but I swear I read it from some official skyrim article :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Red dragons are supposed not care about destroying the world but black dragons want to destroy it thats what iv read and frost dragons are not black or red they are frost.Dragons AREN'T native to skyrim either, they are from the continent Akavir a freezing continent also known as the freezing hell there are cat/serpent people and a monkey people that would enslave red dragons until the war with the cat/serpent people and the imperial army when the red dragons where released from captivity but the black dragons followed the reds to tamriel(skyrim) where they slept after Alduin was defeated by some dude but the elder scrolls said they would return but for an unknown reason when the sons of skyrim spilled each others blood(civil war) i know this because im a nerd :( ha

Ok, I know there are bigger lore-buffs out there that can probably discredit me, but here's the story that I've built up:

I picture the red dragons as mediaeval ones (like the ones that are shown in skyrim), and the black dragons as more of an eastern-style dragon (Asian influence. Fly without wings. Etc).

We know that, in Akavir, the Tsaesci tried to eat the dragons after eating the humans. The black dragons fled to Po' Tun, and the red dragons were enslaved, and they were all "extinct" after the battle was over.

They are obviously not extinct, because they are appearing in skyrim. So maybe the black dragons somehow melded with the tiger people (or maybe there is only one left—Tosh Raka). And if the dragons WEREN'T completely destroyed, then maybe the humans weren't, either. Maybe the enslaved red dragons melded with them, and they escaped to tamriel.

So maybe "red" and "black" aren't because of the color of them, but because "red" represents the blood passed down through the families of akaviri escapees. Maybe "black" is more of a magical transformation, or divine transformation.

Far out