Dragon Species in Skyrim

AurianaValoria1

Ok, I know there are bigger lore-buffs out there that can probably discredit me, but here's the story that I've built up:

I picture the red dragons as mediaeval ones (like the ones that are shown in skyrim), and the black dragons as more of an eastern-style dragon (Asian influence. Fly without wings. Etc).

We know that, in Akavir, the Tsaesci tried to eat the dragons after eating the humans. The black dragons fled to Po' Tun, and the red dragons were enslaved, and they were all "extinct" after the battle was over.

They are obviously not extinct, because they are appearing in skyrim. So maybe the black dragons somehow melded with the tiger people (or maybe there is only one left—Tosh Raka). And if the dragons WEREN'T completely destroyed, then maybe the humans weren't, either. Maybe the enslaved red dragons melded with them, and they escaped to tamriel.

So maybe "red" and "black" aren't because of the color of them, but because "red" represents the blood passed down through the families of akaviri escapees. Maybe "black" is more of a magical transformation, or divine transformation.

Far out

ehm dude thats a little far fetched cant you just stick to the facts.....

and offcourse this video uploaded a few days ago shows us some reall nice stuff and offcourse what we all thought about dragon differsity and companions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxvV9z6Hb8

though you have to watch through the first half of the video with dragon shouts and spriggans

xx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have dragons fight beside me! i wanna have a pet one and name him... Nooby.

Then my second pet dragon will be called... Buggerface.

As for the third, ima call him Frank.

Nononono i want serious names, no comedy!

Goody! something for me to do while i wait for skyrim to be released, finding out what to name my pet dragons...

Cant wait for a mod for dragon pets :DDDDDDD

sorry if its been mentioned but Todd Howard said there will be 6 main types of dragons, he said it in the GTTV footage. sorry if its already been said.

Thanks for that clarification. :)

It's been a while since my original OP. ;) I guess I should redirect the thread, now.

It seems like most of the dragons, regardless of type or color, are out for your blood. And as far as a dragon companion goes, it looks like that will have to be a mod. A shout can summon a dragon, but I think it would be along the lines of a daedric conjuration - he doesn't exactly want to come.

Good (or more likely, neutral) dragons have been hinted at, but I'm not sure if there is any connection to color or species whatsoever.

Edit: Though, in that video slayerking posted, one dragon is attacking the other. :blink: And one of them looks "red."

Edit Again: And, one of those dragons was your dragon companion...

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Is anyone like me, and hoping there's a few good dragons thrown in there? What are your thoughts?

Well, I don't know about good - I won't be too good myself. But I certainly hope that there will be at least several reasonable dragons, with whom you may have conversations, maybe work together, or, at least, perform tasks for.

I think that Dragons should not be companions. It would be fun to fly around, but on the ground it would be awkward. Also, in the demo videos that they released, there was a frost dragon which Todd Howard said were higher level and more powerful. I think if anything a dragon should be interacted with, not as a companion but as an npc. Edited by TheBrownCow