Request for horse riding animation

Datapallo

So, I'd like to request for a horse riding animation, I don't know if it's hard to make animation mod,

but I'm not into making mods,(too hard for me) even the simplest mods are hard for me.. :(

so I would like to request mod like this.

(Note I just want the character to be more hunched :P)

Riding Animation would look similar to:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb444/Daliphnoon/Oblivion2011-03-0213-22-12-78.jpg

I'd would look cool, wouldn't it? :)

Edited by Datapallo

Have you looked at NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer? The mods author fore has recently added horseback animations, and I'm sure that there is one like that included (check out the videos on the download page).

Unfortunately, there aren't horse riding animation like that.. :(

If that isn't what your looking for. As the vid does show what you uploaded as image.

It's not likely to be created. As most player run, teleport & etc.

There are not many animation riggers here for oblivion.

Perhaps you'll have better luck in Skyrim..

What Datapallo apparantly wants is to have the riding animations with the same hunched position as in horseback swimming (these are different animations). As GuardianI said, there is not much interest in these animations though.

With a combination of Blender and Nifskope it could be done, using the existing animation data. A little tricky, but possible. I wont do it, but if someone is willing I could give advice.

(@Datapallo: everyone can do it, even I have learned :wink: )

What Datapallo apparantly wants is to have the riding animations with the same hunched position as in horseback swimming (these are different animations). As GuardianI said, there is not much interest in these animations though.

With a combination of Blender and Nifskope it could be done, using the existing animation data. A little tricky, but possible. I wont do it, but if someone is willing I could give advice.

(@Datapallo: everyone can do it, even I have learned :wink: )

Could you then make a little guide, for me :)? pl0x, I really want the animation.. :unsure:

Happy to do that, but I will rather refer to those tuts which already describe certain steps

1. Install Blender and NifSkope. See LHammonds' thread in the Software -> 3D Modelling -> Blender forum
  2. Get the following files from the NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer 1.4, or extract them with BSA Commander (bsacmd) from "Oblivion - Meshes.bsa"(path \Data\Meshes\creatures\horse): Forward.kf, Fastforward.kf, Swimidle.kf, Swimforward.kf, and \Data\Meshes\_male\skeleton.nif (if you don't have a skeleton yet in your male _folder)
  3. Open Blender and Import Swimidle.kf with the _male\skeleton.nif (see Creating_character_animations for details. You don't need to import the body in this step (doesn't help much yet))
  4. Open a timeline window in Blender and reduce End Frame from 61 to 51
  5. Save your work as .blend file
  6. Export Swimidle.kf (see Creating_character_animations for details)
  7. Open both Forward.kf and your newly created Swimidle.kf with NifSkope (in 2 Nifskope windows)
  8. Copy/paste the animation data for the following bones according to Avoiding_Blender_animation_pitfalls:
    • UpperArmTwist.L
    • UpperArmTwist.R
    • UpperArm.L
    • UpperArm.R
    • ForeArmTwist.R
    • ForeArm.L
    • ForeArm.R
    • Spine
    • Spine1
    • Spine2
    • Head

However, you don't have to create new controlled blocks for these bones (they already exist). Simply overwrite the old interpolator numbers with the new (copied) ones, and later remove the superfluous records at the end

[*]Save your new Forward.kf

[*]Do the same with SwimForward and Fastforward.kf, but reduce End Frame from 32 to 21 instead

When you use these new .kf files in-game you will probably notice a stutter between 2 cycles of the animations. If so you will have to go back into blender and gradually change the rotations in the last few frames for the bones mentioned above, so that transition is smooth between last frame and 1st frame.

It sure looks like a lot. But hey, you can learn a lot :thumbsup:

Just come back, or give me a PM, if you have more questions.

Happy to do that, but I will rather refer to those tuts which already describe certain steps

1. Install Blender and NifSkope. See LHammonds' thread in the Software -> 3D Modelling -> Blender forum
  2. Get the following files from the NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer 1.4, or extract them with BSA Commander (bsacmd) from "Oblivion - Meshes.bsa"(path \Data\Meshes\creatures\horse): Forward.kf, Fastforward.kf, Swimidle.kf, Swimforward.kf, and \Data\Meshes\_male\skeleton.nif (if you don't have a skeleton yet in your male _folder)
  3. Open Blender and Import Swimidle.kf with the _male\skeleton.nif (see Creating_character_animations for details. You don't need to import the body in this step (doesn't help much yet))
  4. Open a timeline window in Blender and reduce End Frame from 61 to 51
  5. Save your work as .blend file
  6. Export Swimidle.kf (see Creating_character_animations for details)
  7. Open both Forward.kf and your newly created Swimidle.kf with NifSkope (in 2 Nifskope windows)
  8. Copy/paste the animation data for the following bones according to Avoiding_Blender_animation_pitfalls:
    • UpperArmTwist.L
    • UpperArmTwist.R
    • UpperArm.L
    • UpperArm.R
    • ForeArmTwist.R
    • ForeArm.L
    • ForeArm.R
    • Spine
    • Spine1
    • Spine2
    • Head

However, you don't have to create new controlled blocks for these bones (they already exist). Simply overwrite the old interpolator numbers with the new (copied) ones, and later remove the superfluous records at the end

[*]Save your new Forward.kf

[*]Do the same with SwimForward and Fastforward.kf, but reduce End Frame from 32 to 21 instead

When you use these new .kf files in-game you will probably notice a stutter between 2 cycles of the animations. If so you will have to go back into blender and gradually change the rotations in the last few frames for the bones mentioned above, so that transition is smooth between last frame and 1st frame.

It sure looks like a lot. But hey, you can learn a lot :thumbsup:

Just come back, or give me a PM, if you have more questions.

This is hopeless, can't even install nif scripts -.-, what i said, I'm not good at modding, I even fail at the installing, I've tried to install the nif scripts, but i always fail, could you just please make the animation for me, I'm such a noob..

Edited by Datapallo

Sorry, Datapallo, but I don't do anything on request, unless it fits into my mods. My list is long, and I'm just preparing a new version.

But since I had forgotten few details and wasn't sure any more if it was all, I have prepared a forward.kf and uploaded that as Miscellaneous under NoMaaM BBB Animation Theatre.

So have a look, if this is what you wanted. Create Data\Meshes\creatures\horse, if not already existing and copy forward.kf into Data\Meshes\creatures\horse. There is a little stutter between 2 cycles as predicted, but it's less than I expected. This should be smoothed out as described. And the fastforward.kf is missing, of course.

So in case you or someone else want to finish up (still hope you do :wink:), here are the steps I missed out in my previous post:

4a. All bones from the following list, which have 2 or more keys need to have a key for the last frame (51). In this special case, frame 51 is missing. Copy the preceding keys (in this case frame key 50) for all relevant bones onto frame 51.

8a. Copy the animation data for the following (BIP01 !!!) bones:

• NonAccum
  • Hand.R

Sorry, Datapallo, but I don't do anything on request, unless it fits into my mods. My list is long, and I'm just preparing a new version.

But since I had forgotten few details and wasn't sure any more if it was all, I have prepared a forward.kf and uploaded that as Miscellaneous under NoMaaM BBB Animation Theatre.

So have a look, if this is what you wanted. Create Data\Meshes\creatures\horse, if not already existing and copy forward.kf into Data\Meshes\creatures\horse. There is a little stutter between 2 cycles as predicted, but it's less than I expected. This should be smoothed out as described. And the fastforward.kf is missing, of course.

So in case you or someone else want to finish up (still hope you do :wink:), here are the steps I missed out in my previous post:

4a. All bones from the following list, which have 2 or more keys need to have a key for the last frame (51). In this special case, frame 51 is missing. Copy the preceding keys (in this case frame key 50) for all relevant bones onto frame 51.

8a. Copy the animation data for the following (BIP01 !!!) bones:

• NonAccum
  • Hand.R

Sorry I'm not interested anymore, because all of this mess, anyways thanks for even trying to help me.