Mods Are Just... Gone

Secluded

So, I started up New Vegas today, and it was behaving a little strangely with a jittery framerate, but I just figured it was because I had a download going on while I was playing. Inevitably, I crashed, which, I'll add has been a common but largely harmless occurrence so far. But when I started things back up, the game gave me the "Content is missing" stuff. Out of curiorsity, I loaded the file anyway, and I found out that my mods, while still installed and copied correctly into plugins.txt (I can't use FOMM) and everything, the mods still weren't there.

All of the components of the mods are in place, I even re-downloaded every single mod I had installed, but the client seems to think that none of them exist. I haven't been able to find mention of this problem anywhere, but I may be wrong. I'd really appreciate some pointers here.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm using a wine port of New Vegas. As such, I skip the launcher, and activate mods by copying the .esp filenames into plugins.txt.

And since it's a wine port and all, there are no files in the launcher's data files option, but it's the same with Oblivion and Fallout 3, only I've never had this problem with those two.

My hope is that this problem isn't linked to the fact that it's a wine port; wine problems are ten thousand times more frustrating than client problems.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm using a wine port of New Vegas. As such, I skip the launcher, and activate mods by copying the .esp filenames into plugins.txt.

And since it's a wine port and all, there are no files in the launcher's data files option, but it's the same with Oblivion and Fallout 3, only I've never had this problem with those two.

My hope is that this problem isn't linked to the fact that it's a wine port; wine problems are ten thousand times more frustrating than client problems.

What is a "Wine Port" if you don't mind my asking? I've never heard that term before so I have no insight until I know what a "Wine Port" is.

Just googled it but all it returned were thousands of pages to do with port wine.

Edited by pickinthebanjo

WINE actually works pretty good these days, not like a couple years ago. Never tried Steam on it but I'd be surprised if it didn't work. I'm kind of surprised FOMM doesn't work actually.

so by your best guess

this becomes a case of

New Vegas

without Steam

ponder the cosmic significance