Might and Magic VI

AurianaValoria1

Ahhh, my first PC RPG (first console RPG was the original Zelda).

Anyone else ever play this game?

Edited by AurianaValoria1

I Played it was a good game!

took me hours of dungeon crawling and potion mixing to get the recipes was a good solid game. but on the story and features of the series not my absolute favourite ....

My favourite was the combined, If I remember correct, (long time since I played this) MM III & MM IV world (light and dark side)

Mandate of Heaven was, if you count above as one game, the second best.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm showing my age here, but I started out with Might and Magic 1 way back in the day :D I got MM6 through gog.com, and it's a lot of fun. I'd played MM7, so I was pretty familiar with the gameplay. I wish they hadn't changed the ability to have a Light and Dark caster in the same party, though I guess it does make sense.

I like harassing the Titans with my level 67 part :D Right now I'm in Castle Darkmoor :wallbash:

Not exactly M&M VI but hoping some hardcore fans might shed some light on this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBGPcRBnQU

Zero background knowledge of the game series lore but managed to infer names of 2 of the characters featured in the trailer from the main site. Correct me if I am wrong. The dead dude is Duke Pavel, the grieving female is the necromancer Sveltana.

A couple of questions:

- Is the sword something special, does it have a name?

- The angel with the black wings, some random fallen angel?

- The blue flame flowing to the sword and held by the fallen angel, what is it?

Wondering if these are lore from past series or something unrevealed at this stage.

Edit: Thanks frakle but wasn't able to find out much from Heroes V. Was able to find out that the sword is a Dynasty Artifact Weapon named Sword of the Griffon. And the fallen angel is actually an archangel turned betrayer. I thought the blue orb thing was the Conflux but might not be so. Anyway, good enough to blog about it.

Edited by sendo75

Not exactly M&M VI but hoping some hardcore fans might shed some light on this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBGPcRBnQU

Zero background knowledge of the game series lore but managed to infer names of 2 of the characters featured in the trailer from the main site. Correct me if I am wrong. The dead dude is Duke Pavel, the grieving female is the necromancer Sveltana.

A couple of questions:

- Is the sword something special, does it have a name?

- The angel with the black wings, some random fallen angel?

- The blue flame flowing to the sword and held by the fallen angel, what is it?

Wondering if these are lore from past series or something unrevealed at this stage.

Might and Magic Heroes 6 takes place 200 years before Heroes 5, if that sheds any light on it.

I got M&M6 from GOG as well. Bloody brilliant game. Never managed to finish it though cause it kinda got a bit hard. Stopped playing shortly after getting all the council votes and meeting the oracle. I had no mages in my party, it was 2 clerics and 2 paladins. lol. Healing was never a problem though!

I tried playing number 7, but it didn't take. The visual appeal just wasn't there. Same with 8, which was a shame.

Heroes of Might and Magic on the other hand, loved them all, especially 2 and 3, but couldn't stand number 5. I remember getting it when it first came out, but played it for ten minutes then gave it away to a friend cause it reminded me of WOW. The whole thing was ruined for me anyway cause the franchise switched hands to a new company and they threw away all the game lore and world history, turning it into something totally unrelated to the previous games.

Number 6 looks pretty good though. Im definitely going to give it a try when it comes out.

While i'm here, if you like Heroes of Might and Magic, you've GOT to check out King's Bounty the Legend. Its HOMM's clone, only genetically enhanced!

Edited by FavoredSoul

Might and Magic was one of the best RPG series I ever played.

too bad ubisoft bought might and magic and turned the series into RTS games LOL.

Please tell me you aren't serious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Might_and_Magic

Where have you been for the past 16 years, bro?

Well, they also turned it into a crappy action game having nothing at all to do with Might and Magic. At least for me Heroes counts as MM, whereas Dark Messiah definately does not.

I recall asking a Commodore salesperson if Ultima I would ever be ported to the PC. He told me that would happen in probably a decade. I decided he was either completely ignorant, or lying, but I ended up buying a TSR 2, instead. Money was a big factor. Loading by cassette tape sucked, though.

M&M I was fun, but hideous looking. M&M 2 was rather easier, but great, and III/IV/V were all wondeful. VI was in some ways the best of the late bunch, though van Caneghem agreed with me in one of our later interviews that they really needed more content in its dungeons instead of simply extending it further, and that the ability to add legends to the city maps was a great feature in later titles.

IX was a disaster. But really, it was a devil's deal van Caneghem made with former EA-head Tripp. Did he really expect that the man who had a terrible rep for stripping franchises dry wouldn't use New World Computing the same way? Or that once he'd been sliding under from his own incompetence, he'd throw out the NWC team and use their big series to launch a much cheaper title made by a bunch of first time developers? Very, very sad.